Question for Erie Agents

At one time it wasn't to bad...I think at this moment in time they are slowing down on new appointments because there have been so many recent scratch agents fail.

The district manager back in December told me it could take up to 6 months. Maybe that was my particular situation. They were not approving agents in my county but are allowing to start scratch two blocks down from another agency.

They aren't taking anymore agents only producers now in my area. Maybe my appointment process was not typical it did seem rather long.

You guys see the PPA conversion bonus for 2012? What's the standard conversion ratio? I'm still on accelerated commissions so I don't qualify but I want to know if it's reasonable to have a 50% close ratio using your own pre-underwriting.

You were all a great help while I was going through the appointment process things have been well.

This message was for VaDwayne, but I can't post a private message yet since I am new on the boards.

Hi,
I am in Virginia Beach and currently looking to change over to Erie. I currently work for GEICO and have had my P&C for about 10 years. Any feedback or suggestions about the company? I contacted Sandy Beach at the corporate office in Richmond and she has passed my information over to Bob Chapman and I am waiting to hear from him. Thank you in advance for any info.

Feel free to PM any info, I just can't send it back... yet.

It's funny that you mention these two because my last two appointments involved them.

1. Is a construction company, about a $20,000 a year account that is with Cincinatti. I don't have the quote back but I know that even if Erie comes back higher, all I will need to do is call my uderwriter and tell her where I need to be premium-wise, and they will make it happen. Cincinatti is huge in our area so I am somewhat knowledgeable about their coverages.
To make things even easier, if the client is leasing their premises, most companies "fire legal" liablity is only $50,000 and a few up to 300,000, Erie's matches the "per occurence" liability limit which means on a 1 mill/2 mill policy, the fire legal is $1,000,000.

3. Auto-Owners, a tougher opponent but still beatable. I had breakfast with a man this morning who wants me to write is bed and breakfast, and he is with Auto-Owners. I will let you know, but I go into these knowing that I won't lose over price, now I need to get the closing down a little better.

WITH ERIE, I AM CONVINCED YOU WILL NEVER LOSE A DEAL OVER PRICE. They're sometimes a little picky, but I haven't found any better yet.

FARMERS AND NATIONWIDE ACCOUNTS ARE LIKE STEALING CANDY FROM A BABY!!!

I'm an ex nationwide guy. I know the Erie Commercial Lines Product are excellent. What markets do you find you have the most success working in.. I'm considering moving towards Erie on a F/T basis.

Back