Question for Erie Agents

Hey Captive. I'm also trying to contract with Erie. I was wondering what they are looking for in a plan. They want a business plan and I'm not sure how specific they want it. I know this post is old but here goes.

It doesn't matter what carrier you are trying to get appointed with, your business plan better be pretty dang detailed. What does your target prospect look like? Age? How much $ in assets? Education? Profession? Of commercial lines, what class codes are you seeking out?
How do you plan to find these prospects? Be VERY specific. Just saying you're going to market to them won't cut it.
How much volume will you produce? How many per week and average premium?
You can't get too specific on this, believe me. You want to look like you know what you're doing, and have already achieved success in it.
Good luck.

Hello everyone, I was recently with an independent agency for many years and thinking about striking out on my own. I noticed alot about Erie in these older posts and I was wondering (in particular CaptiveGuy) how things are going for you now. Also, is Erie still as good as it sounds? I was thinking about maybe staring with an aggregator, wondering if that would help (or hurt) my chances with Erie, thanks all in advance!

Back