Quote System for Website

Thanks for the responses guys. Before I read anyone else's post, I took JR's suggestion and went to zoho.com. It took me a little while to figure it out, but once I did, it was really easy and will work fine for what I'm after.

Quotit DOES now have Assurant/Time!!! They were just added. 1-800-4QUOTIT, I even looked it up for you. Just called them this morning for an update. I have been waiting for Assurant to go live for quite a long tiem.

In my opinion, Quotit's service is far preferable to norvax. I have experience with both. Also the service is much better. Now that they have Assurant, no reason to delay the switch.

Norvax has better support in my opinion, much more responsive to customer concerns. Outside of California you might find Quotit carrier selection to be very limited.

Some of the core problems I noticed with Quotit 5 years ago when I used them - still have not been addressed to this day. Quotit without out question has a nice presentation (but not perfect).

I believe Quotit does not have Assurant / Time for those who sell it.

It all comes down to ROI - if you don't believe $100 to $200 is an easy to recover ROI, then do not buy it. To me it is a drop in the bucket - neither system is perfect (far from it) , but $1200 to $2400 / year is nothing for what you are getting - if you see the value of course.

I have had this problem too. Not sure it has to do with Quotit. Just email filters sometimes block legitimat business email some times. Also not sure that Quotit is sending you spam. I have never had that, and havent heard of that. I dont have a Quotit email account, in fact I dont think they offer that. I just use their tool and have my own email account.

Quotit also offers the ability to email quotes. Sounds great but....it was just horrible. I had one client it didn't matter how many times I would send a file, she wouldn't get it, yet I would "get a copy" - very very frustrating.

As far as the email, I never in my life had an email account that would offer me more penis enlargements and Canadian drugs. How they could possibly have an email account system and then not filter the spam is beyond me. Again, this is a Quotit email account tied to your service.

Does Zapquotes include an auto-responder option?
Zapquotes.com is a guy in a garage. It's a budget option. Completely different sort of thing from Quotit, or even Norvax. Check out his website, read between the lines. In my opinion, if you know anything about Internet services and care at all about a professional presentation to your customer you will steer clear.

Does anybody else use agentquote.com for their website development? I've had pretty good luck with them.

Zapquotes.com is a guy in a garage. It's a budget option. Completely different sort of thing from Quotit, or even Norvax. Check out his website, read between the lines. In my opinion, if you know anything about Internet services and care at all about a professional presentation to your customer you will steer clear.

I disagree. I've used Quotit and liked them, but didn't use their other gimmicks..ie. website services, auto-responder, leads etc. Stripped down, it was $90 a month. For the same quoting software with zapquotes, I was saving $40 a month and I've never had better service. I've always had every issue taken care of the same day.

As far as professional presentation goes, it looks fine. Here is what people see on my website when they click for an instant health quote:
Individual Health Coverage

It looks like all the other quoting engines.

Zapquotes isn't for everyone. They're only attractive to CA only agents and agents who don't want the bells and whistles that quotit and norvax offer....To label Zapquotes as a guy in a garage with unprofessional presentation couldn't be further from the truth and I don't want people getting the wrong impression. They are great resource for the right agent.

I disagree. I've used Quotit and liked them, but didn't use their other gimmicks..ie. website services, auto-responder, leads etc. Stripped down, it was $90 a month. For the same quoting software with zapquotes, I was saving $40 a month and I've never had better service. I've always had every issue taken care of the same day.

As far as professional presentation goes, it looks fine. Here is what people see on my website when they click for an instant health quote:
Individual Health Coverage

It looks like all the other quoting engines.

Zapquotes isn't for everyone. They're only attractive to CA only agents and agents who don't want the bells and whistles that quotit and norvax offer....To label Zapquotes as a guy in a garage with unprofessional presentation couldn't be further from the truth and I don't want people getting the wrong impression. They are great resource for the right agent.
You're right, he might not be in a garage. And quality is in the eye of the beholder- your link proves that. See HSA LIVING – The Web's best resource for Health Savings Accounts for a look at Quotit's quote engine... not my company- I am still building my web site- but this is the one my Quotit guy demoed to me when I went live with them in Oct. I'm kind of a web guy. It's obvious to me which is easiest to use and more professional. But this is arguable i'm sure.
Overall, lots of factors go into the decision of who to partner with for your tech. But one tends to get what one pays for in life. And a higher price is usually due to overhead. Overhead is tied to support, training, design, accuracy, information security, infrastructure, etc etc.
You should also check with your carriers to see if your quoting partner even has a relationship with the carriers they quote. Chances are it's either Quotit or ehealth or Norvax, or they don't know about or approve the service's quoting of their products. Which means you could be shut down at any time.
I have a lot of respect for anybody that wants to take on the complexities of offering a quoting service to agents. But be careful... this is your business. Sometimes you may find that the extra cost is worth it.

Back