Recruiting

Just an idea... Visit places that use salespeople to move product such as car dealerships, retail places that sell flooring, carpet, etc. If you're impressed, hand them a business card and ask them if they would like to talk about making a great living.

I've been trying indeed.com for a few months. No success yet. I'm going to start next with sales people I run into...etc

OP never said what line of insurance you are recruiting for.

If it's health, give it up now, doubt you will recruit anyone.

VADWAYNE has very good suggestions.

Also try your competition.

If you do tele sales ask Sam to advertise here.

OP never said what line of insurance you are recruiting for. If it's health, give it up now, doubt you will recruit anyone. VADWAYNE has very good suggestions. Also try your competition. If you do tele sales ask Sam to advertise here.

I focus on personal lines P&C w/ a little life thrown in.

I'm trying to find people as well. I've been using Indeed.com and have gotten a good response from it. Unfortunately the quality so far has not been good.

I do have a question about if this is bad to do. I have a friend that was working for another insurance company as captive. He left, but has a list of about 30 agents business emails and said to start there. Ethically it sounds bad since it's not their personal contact info. Is it OK to go after other agents like that?

That agent may have a non-solicit agreement in place - not just for policies sold, but for trying to recruit agents from the office. I had one in place for two years from MassMutual.

However, that's on HIM, not necessarily you.

Thanks DHK, that's kinda what I was thinking, but ya, he is not the one doing the recruiting nor will he benefit from it.

Recruiting is not a sideline it's an art, a profession. As a professional agent you know your worth to your clients, and you are not free. Why do you approach recruiting any differently? Working with a professional, 3rd party, recruiting firm may be your answer. You owe it to your practice to explore the options, even if you tried it before and felt it failed. By the way, it won't be free, nothing of high value is.

Back