RNA Vs Transamerica - Battle Royal

RNA is great for new agents. We have several that are using them without a hitch and the guys love the idea of getting paid quickly. Also, when the agent lacks field underwriting skill, RNA seems to be approving Standard for folks who would easily be graded with any other carrier. It's like they just give the benefit of the doubt to the agent and prospect!

When it comes to Trans, I find them easy as hell to use. Think about it! When you are sending in 5+ applications a week, you get use to each page and how to deal with it. I have learned to ALWAYS ask clients as much info about their medications as possible including stuff they may have taken in the last 2 years.

Another trick to Trans is to make sure the prospect has NEVER been prescribed an inhaler...

As far as agent services, Trans tends to have some hold time but other than that, no complaints!

RNA is great for new agents. We have several that are using them without a hitch and the guys love the idea of getting paid quickly. Also, when the agent lacks field underwriting skill, RNA seems to be approving Standard for folks who would easily be graded with any other carrier. It's like they just give the benefit of the doubt to the agent and prospect!

When it comes to Trans, I find them easy as hell to use. Think about it! When you are sending in 5+ applications a week, you get use to each page and how to deal with it. I have learned to ALWAYS ask clients as much info about their medications as possible including stuff they may have taken in the last 2 years.

Another trick to Trans is to make sure the prospect has NEVER been prescribed an inhaler...

As far as agent services, Trans tends to have some hold time but other than that, no complaints!

Are you talking Pro Air, or something like Spiriva? I don't have Tranny and have no interest in picking them up, but I thought they were supposed to be good for COPD.

Are you talking Pro Air, or something like Spiriva? I don't have Tranny and have no interest in picking them up, but I thought they were supposed to be good for COPD.

Great question and yes, Trans is a good carrier for folks with COPD!

Anytime there is ANY inhaler involved, Trans seems to only want to offer "standard" rates. If I have someone with Seasonal Asthma who should get approved for preferred, I simply apply to SNL.

Jd I can't speak for other agents but I've had great service . I check on all service work every 7-10 days and it's usually spotless . Like I said it's love/hate and mine is love.Each agent needs to make his own determination if a carrier is right for them.

Joey, I know you love you some Trans and this is just a another case of love is blind.

I've got take care of one tomorrow where the lady has 2 Trinity policies and 1 Trans.

Draft on her DE didn't go through Friday. She called yesterday and said she meant to call me. She changed from the DE card to a regular bank account.

I know that I can get the new bank info and send an email to Trinity and they will make the change and draft now to bring those current.

Who know how much trouble and how many hoops it's going to be with Trans to get it changed?

Especially if it was a new DE card. Except in that case I do know how much trouble it would be. Trinity would be the same. Send them an email with the new card and they would draft now to bring current. Trans would require a new signed SSB form and they would not be able to draft now to bring current. They would have to wait until next month and do a double draft. I've been down that path with them before.

But I have learned to get 2 SSB forms signed with every Trans app now. Another FEX agent gave me a tip a few weeks ago. He gets two applications signed at every Trans write.

If you call what Trans does good service then you just need some more companies. They are bottom of the barrel when it comes to client services.

No need to get 2 apps signed.Just photocopy the app so if you make a mistake on a signed page. As far as ss de cards yes a pia if the card is rejected as it takes 10 business days to reset up . As far as Trans not taking ss drafts correctly I've never seen that. Agent 5 hold times on new business are long but hold times on customer service usually not more than 2 mins . I also use Foresters and Trinity a lot. All that matters is does a carrier issue almost all of your business as applied and fast. The above carriers do that and for that I'm greatful.

If they fill there albuterol more then 6 times a year its chronic to them.

Trans is love/hate but outside of hold times there customer service is fine and if you do the app right you shouldn't need to call there new biz folks much.

Got graded with one recently.:yes:

If they fill there albuterol more then 6 times a year its chronic to them.

Trans is love/hate but outside of hold times there customer service is fine and if you do the app right you shouldn't need to call there new biz folks much.

I'm talking about service on existing customers. People do move. People do change bank accounts. People do change beneficiaries. DE cards do expire.

Trans is the worst on handling these issues. And the worst by far now that 1 star is out of the business. They did Trans a run for the bottom on service issues.

Latest posts

Back