Road Trip Selling

Personally, I sold face to face in 9 or 10 states last year. Again, I realize I’m a little crazy, but it has worked really well for me in my business. All of my biggest weeks have happened when on the road.

I think this works well for me because it eliminates all the distractions that being an independent producer can cater to. I can’t cut out early to see my little girl or go get my golf clubs. Also, I find that I am eager to grind it out for a few days so I can get my desired production and then head home.

I think it comes down to mindset really. If you think it will work then it will...

When I started, that was the only option. Once I was independent, I kept doing it this way. People laugh and say you are driving to one area and another agent is leaving that area and driving to yours. That is understandable, but we all have weaknesses. I know most people on this forum are ELITE level and make tons of money, but most agents can't stick to a schedule, manage their money, stay focused, etc.

Going out of town was great for me because it removed my weakness of running errands, going home to see the family if I got no showed, skipping work a day, etc.

I went out of town with a larger number of leads and a goal in mind. I knew that once I hit the goal, I could go home. There was nothing to do but set appointments at night, run leads during the day. The harder I worked, the faster I could go home.

I have always liked this model. But again, every agent is different. No need to travel out of town unless you want to! I have personally sold F2F in 19 states.

Personally, I sold face to face in 9 or 10 states last year. Again, I realize I’m a little crazy, but it has worked really well for me in my business. All of my biggest weeks have happened when on the road.

I think this works well for me because it eliminates all the distractions that being an independent producer can cater to. I can’t cut out early to see my little girl or go get my golf clubs. Also, I find that I am eager to grind it out for a few days so I can get my desired production and then head home.

I think it comes down to mindset really. If you think it will work then it will...

Years ago I did travelling sales and loved it. I think I would like packing up my wife and I with our dog and travelling for a few days to work an area and then hang out for a couple days. It seems to me that you could find some good rural areas that haven't been worked by a good broker in a while. Also, I've been able to generate FB leads in rural areas for around $5 a piece, but in Florida I'm sure it would be much more.

If an agent generated his own FB leads and travelled to rural areas, it may actually wind up being cheaper than buying leads locally.

My wife just quit her job, so I am hoping she and my little girl can travel with me when I go places. Last year I spent about 6 weeks straight in Minnesota and then in Louisiana and it was painful being away that long! At least this upcoming year we will all get to travel as a family! I'm pretty excited.

What do y'all think about taking road trips (3 hours plus from home) to sell? I certainly have my opinions, but I may be a little crazy. By "road trip" I am referring to having a large quantity of leads and going far enough away to get a hotel.

I'd love to get opinions on the matter and what may be pros and cons to running a final expense business in this capacity.

Cheers to a great week!

Most of our Career Agents and Brokers all work away from home and stay one sometimes two nights in hotel . . .

Ben has it right. For some, there are too many distractions at home. But it's definitely for the young bucks, imo. Unless you're looking for an excuse to get away from your wife, and be with someone who isn't.:err:

Ben has it right. For some, there are too many distractions at home. But it's definitely for the young bucks, imo. Unless you're looking for an excuse to get away from your wife, and be with someone who isn't.:err:
I did it for years and I think it played a part in my 1st marriage not working out....that and the fact that she was a f*cking slut. :mad:

Now, I sleep at home every night and I see no reason to work more than an hour from home, unless it's a referral. :yes:

Back