Selling C and F After 2020

The following video is provided to give context to what was said at the conference. It was overheard by one of the presenters on the panel later told an audience member that, when she retires, she will be making personal complaints on these issues against insurance agents speaking ill of Plan F.

The following video/audio is produced under Fair Use for comment and criticism in this forum and will not be permanently available. If you come here later and it is no longer here, that is why. This video is not public on the internet as it is Unlisted.

Now...here's what was said about you ROGUE AGENTS saying bad things about Plan F!!

Rogue Agents Beware! - YouTube

That'a lot of political double speak! And to think those 2 idiots are in a position of power. Scary!:swoon:

The following video is provided to give context to what was said at the conference. It was overheard by one of the presenters on the panel later told an audience member that, when she retires, she will be making personal complaints on these issues against insurance agents speaking ill of Plan F.

The following video/audio is produced under Fair Use for comment and criticism in this forum and will not be permanently available. If you come here later and it is no longer here, that is why. This video is not public on the internet as it is Unlisted.

Now...here's what was said about you ROGUE AGENTS saying bad things about Plan F!!

Rogue Agents Beware! - YouTube

What iI find most revealing about this audio is the last few seconds. As a person from the audience reiterates the risk of a shrinking pool of beneficiaries (and aging I would add) and suggests that it leads to higher prices, a woman on the panel responds "That depends..." and there you have it. She admits.. Yes, there is a risk.

As long as there is a risk it is our responsibility to make certain our clients are aware of that risk prior to making a decision. That is being truthful and honest. Hiding the fact that such a risk exists is where the true harm may fall. If we don't talk about and the plan prices do rise in an uncomfortable manner, we will look incompetent. Unfortunately, none of us will know to what degree that risk materializes for several years. For some people on a Medigap plan, they won't know until it's too late for them to do anything about it.

Those "scare tactics" can work both ways. I know an agent who is using the planned elimination of Plan F as a selling tool for F, telling people they should get it now before "the government takes away your right to have the best plan," selling a carrier whose Plan F is about $550 more per year than plan G in that agent's area.

Because he's actually pushing F they'd probably leave him alone..haha.

I was in a session the day before this with one of the women and she was definitely priming this subject then for the main event the next day. It was crystal clear in my mind that they were not only warning against scare tactics, but also still wanted agents to keep pushing F.

It was NOT just warning against fear mongering. So in my best experience, my mind told me to start sniffing out a money trail as it was so incredibly obvious.

Nonetheless, I'm not sweating it. Just keep building up your business and never forget who you're dealing with. :yes:

I have a question for those who have been selling Med Sups since before the dawn of time .....I am appointed with most major carriers that have a respectable market share in Med Sups. I have not once seen or read a report, update or any communication from them that makes an effort to educate their sales reps on this subject. How are we supposed to get accurate information on changes like this if the companies involved don't make any effort to communicate these changes with their agents?

This is the exact opposite of what you find in the investment brokerage industry.

The lady's in the recording stated with frustration that they have had meeting after meeting and there are still licensed agents saying things that are not true. I don't know who they had meetings with, but neither company that employs these women has made any effort to communicate with the reps selling their product. A simple email or posting on the agent portion of their website would do wonders. If there is misinformation in the industry, they are partially responsible if they have made no reasonable effort to educate or inform those who are appointed with their company.

very odd to me...it defy's logic

How are we supposed to get accurate information on changes like this if the companies involved don't make any effort to communicate these changes with their agents?

I believe that all of the companies are in the wait-and-see mode right now, as all of the proposed changes are merely in small sub-committees and nothing is in stone, yet with the final, final rule.

This is why it is important to get involved in NAHU and even involved in the NAIC process, and the public commenting process on proposed CMS rule changes if we are in this as our profession. All of these things are happening right now and yes, we can make a difference by getting involved.

The companies will report the final product when it is finally available. We, in the profession, should avail ourselves to the information that is publicly available and get involved.

See:
Senior Issues (B) Task Force

https://members.nahu.org/NAHU_Prod_...s.com/nahumednew/issues/2015-12-14/email.html

Back