Senate Democrats Give White House 72 Hours

So, if passed where is the respective state insurance departments come into play?

In Illinois we have no state insurance department. All but 4 of them were let go in 2011 due to brokenness. The commissioner oversees those 4 employees. Way back in May, he sent out a memo to all health insurers directing them not to manipulate renewal dates to avoid ObamaCare. The insurers gave him the middle finger and did it anyway.

Were the state insurance departments involved with the policy cancellation notifications? Did they have to approve them? I don't understand why they would need to be involved now, since most of these cancellation notices are simply informing people that the policies WILL BE cancelled on 12/31/2013.

We have one and also a republican governor that is completely against ACA, but not a peep out of him on the subject of cancellations. Do you suppose that is because BC, Humana and a few other's are huge contributor's to his campaign?

In Illinois we have no state insurance department. All but 4 of them were let go in 2011 due to brokenness. The commissioner oversees those 4 employees. Way back in May, he sent out a memo to all health insurers directing them not to manipulate renewal dates to avoid ObamaCare. The insurers gave him the middle finger and did it anyway.

Were the state insurance departments involved with the policy cancellation notifications? Did they have to approve them? I don't understand why they would need to be involved now, since most of these cancellation notices are simply informing people that the policies WILL BE cancelled on 12/31/2013.

??? Welcome to Illinois Department of Insurance

Forgive me GO-Illini52. I shouldn't have said that we have "no" state department of insurance. Illinois does have one. It's just tiny in size, budget, and ability. That better?
ac

I was wondering if I was imagining that I called them recently. Really...down to 4 employees...what the hell do they do with our license renewal fees?:twitchy:

I'll second the Illinois DOI being a useless entity. I have been trying for a month an a half to get guidance on HRA's form them. Last time I finally called and someone just told me "umm..... good question... I don't know."

I also was informed on Oct 3rd that the Director took off the first 2 weeks of open enrollment. AHHHHHHH are you kidding me. useless

I'll second the Illinois DOI being a useless entity. I have been trying for a month an a half to get guidance on HRA's form them. Last time I finally called and someone just told me "umm..... good question... I don't know."

I also was informed on Oct 3rd that the Director took off the first 2 weeks of open enrollment. AHHHHHHH are you kidding me. useless

That's Illinois politicians for you...crooked...useless, or both!:mad:

Back