SEO - For Insurance Agents

Would anyone be able to answer this question for me regarding website quotes. I currently have the P&C license for California. That pretty much allows me to work within the boundaries of California only. Now if my website was not filter and people out of state were able to get quotes would I get into some kind of legal problem? Should I filter my website so that only Californians are able to get quotes? Does it matter if people out of state are getting quotes because I am not actually binding policy after they receive a web quote. I noticed lots of web quotes can be obtain by almost anyone in or out of state.

you cant get into trouble, if someone from outside of your state request quotes. u can set up a simple script so if someone out of state wants a quote, they can get redirect to an affiliate landing page, so u make $5 or so.

That's a great idea, thanx. So I can't get into trouble. So there is no reason to filter it. I will only get into trouble if I try to issue insurances for those out of state quotes right?

If your getting hits from outside your state, then you have a pretty good website.

I rarely get any hits from my own state. It is always outside of my State. What is so funny to me is I used to buy internet leads and was sold so many leads in Atlanta; and now when my site is ranked organically on Page 1 nationwide I get 0 Atlanta leads. Makes me wonder how the insureme, abc leads, netquote, etc generated Atlanta leads. Just sold me pure garbage.

I rarely get any hits from my own state. It is always outside of my State. What is so funny to me is I used to buy internet leads and was sold so many leads in Atlanta; and now when my site is ranked organically on Page 1 nationwide I get 0 Atlanta leads. Makes me wonder how the insureme, abc leads, netquote, etc generated Atlanta leads. Just sold me pure garbage.

I'm sure they wouldn't have used this:

Generate a Random Name - Fake Name Generator

Damn, that is so sick. I wouldn't doubt it at all. I am so happy I never have to buy a shared Internet lead ever again.

LTCAdvisor,

You've got a great site, and kudos for getting on page one for such a competitive term. You just went to legendary status in my book.

Latest posts

Back