SIAA, Smart Choice or Iroquois Group

MG Daddy..You dont own anything with Smart Choice...try leavin and writing direct...they got you with a two year non compete.

Health guy is right, i just looked at their paper work. Ooch! Superior Access looks better, unless smart choice makes you more competive. I don't mind sharing, but to find out you are not competitive, and locked out for 2 years. We have to look at IDC, they are on agencyequity.com. I talked to them a while back, but they all sound good, until you read the small print.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And MSI, doesn't look good at all. It hurt my eyes, reading there offer. If you sign with them, It will cost you a minimum of 50k, to leave them

Last edited:
After doing research, I signed up with Smart Choice earlier this year. They have been great to work with for the following reasons:
I have binding authority for some of the Personal Lines co's
I got national carriers like MetLife Auto & Home, Travelers too
Zurich, CNA and Travelers will quote my commercial risks for me.
18% net commission on Flood(great commissions on other products)
Access to Life carriers
No initiation or up-front fees
No monthly fees
No back-ended fees (if and when I leave the network)
100% ownership
Opportunity to get Contigient Commission/Bonus
Binding authority with Property-only carrier writing up to 1,000 of tidal water - very important in my state (New Jersey)
Discounted E & O coverage

I know I might sound like I work for them but I guess, when your happy, it shows.
Just my 2 cents.

Hello,
I'm a captive agent in NJ and I'm starting to see that going Indy is the way for me. I noticed on one of your post that you went with Smart Choice. I've spoken to them and they are one of the companies that I'm leaning towards. I'm hoping you could give me some insight on how you've liked working with them.
Thank you

Which the captive company if you don't mind me asking ? Where in NJ?

Smart choice is ok but I didn't really like what they had to offer. Iroquois had the best plan but thats just from talking to them never really experienced either as I am still captive.

I declined to join SIAA today after having an law student read over the contract. I have 7 non-standard companies all within 3 months, how can I get just 1 standard company? I am in Maryland

I declined to join SIAA today after having an law student read over the contract. I have 7 non-standard companies all within 3 months, how can I get just 1 standard company? I am in Maryland

Have you looked at Erie? They write in MD but can take a while to get appointed.

What was wrong with SIAA contract that made you not go with them?

everybody says that SIAAs contract is the sh$t...what is so great about it, I read it! They own you two ways to Sunday in the door, out the door when you sell, ridiculous sign on fees...GREAT contract, yea right.

Just to clarify on Eagle, it is 66% to you!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They all seem to get in your pocket for 30%.

Last edited:
Back