Silverscript Part D - What's needed to sell?

There are 4 enrollment methods available with Silverscript (not counting call centers):
  1. Paper application...ughhh what's a paper application? it's for dinosaurs
  2. Email enrollment link (no scope required). The prospect clicks the link and fills out a simple application online. Very simple and clean user interface for the customer. You get a confirmation email when the application is complete.
  3. Electronic application (eSOA requireed). You fill out the app with the customer on the phone, and it sends a confirmation email to the customer.
  4. Ipad enrollment (SOA required), this is the most efficient face to face enrollment method, cutting out the need for a paper app, with quick submission.
The CMS limit for referrals is still $25 on PDP's for agents who are not appointed and certified.

Like the monkey man said, no AHIP necessary, but you must pass the Silverscript training with a passing score of 90% or higher, you get 3 attempts.
I guess I didn't pay attention to the referral program, since I certified.

Hey, Luke...who you callin' a dinosaur? :twitchy:

When I run PDP reports I always show a deductible plan alongside one with no deductible. Most of the time the no deductible plan is SS and most of the time the cost of the med's + premium make SS a poor choice.

Most of my clients pick the deductible plan (once they understand how it works). My "go to" plan for most of the year for those who take few or no med's is EnvisionRx. @ $12.60 per month it is hard to beat in some situations.

YMMV

Most of mine come down to Aetna ($16.70) or SS ($23.50). There's less than a $200 difference over the $12 months usually.

Then I tell them "Here are your choices. If you only get these drugs, you should go on Aetna. But if you get sick and the doctor puts you on something expensive, you are not allowed to call and yell at me when you are sick and annoyed that you had to come up with $405 at the pharmacy. This is a very personal decision. My dad is on the cheap plan and rolls the dice on the $405. The $405 freaks my mom out and she is on SS. Its the same credit card and checking account. As long as you are fine with the deductible and promise not to yell at me when you are sick, I am fine with it, too.".

Most of mine go with SS. Personally, I would go with SS.

But I don't have a $12 plan, either.

So if I don't do AHIP, does that mean I don't have to deal with the "handcuffs" CMS puts on you for marketing, seminars, etc?

And I agree, SS is the best plan. Sick and a $405 deductible hit at the counter, to save $7/month is stupid.

Question: if they are currently on SS (via Medicare.gov) and I write it for 2019, do I get the $30? Or only new people?
Even though you don't have to do AHIP, you still have to follow all of CMS's silly rules.

If they're already on SS, they just keep what they've got, unless you switch them to the Plus plan. I don't think you can write them the same plan they already have, but I could be wrong. What you can do is you can do an AOR with SS if they took it on Medicare.gov., then you'll start getting the renewal(I think it's $37)the following year.

Even though you don't have to do AHIP, you still have to follow all of CMS's silly rules.

If they're already on SS, they just keep what they've got, unless you switch them to the Plus plan. I don't think you can write them the same plan they already have, but I could be wrong. What you can do is you can do an AOR with SS if they took it on Medicare.gov., then you'll start getting the renewal(I think it's $37)the following year.

Then I shall pass until if/when I decide to sell MAPD. Its just not worth the hassle.

you had to come up with $405 at the pharmacy.

Drug plans don't "front end" the deductible.

Next time you run a PDP report on Medicare, go to the cost page and hit View All Months. You will see how the deductible increases their copay on some of the drugs until the deductible is satisfied. I have a few clients on Envision (or other deductible plans) and they will never satisfy the deductible for the year but still save $$$ vs Silver Script.

They can sometimes save by using the pharmacy across the street from their "regular" pharmacy.

You don't have to do AHIP(that's why I went ahead and picked up SilverScript). You have to do SS's certification, but no AHIP. SS is the only one I offer.

Yes, they have electronic enrollment. I haven't used it yet, as I'm still face to face.

One thing I like about SS, is there's no deductible. Most have a $405 deductible.
There are 4 enrollment methods available with Silverscript (not counting call centers):
  1. Paper application...ughhh what's a paper application? it's for dinosaurs
  2. Email enrollment link (no scope required). The prospect clicks the link and fills out a simple application online. Very simple and clean user interface for the customer. You get a confirmation email when the application is complete.
  3. Electronic application (eSOA requireed). You fill out the app with the customer on the phone, and it sends a confirmation email to the customer.
  4. Ipad enrollment (SOA required), this is the most efficient face to face enrollment method, cutting out the need for a paper app, with quick submission.
The CMS limit for referrals is still $25 on PDP's for agents who are not appointed and certified.

Like the monkey man said, no AHIP necessary, but you must pass the Silverscript training with a passing score of 90% or higher, you get 3 attempts.

Thanks Luke! Sounds like #2 is a winner for us.

Then I shall pass until if/when I decide to sell MAPD. Its just not worth the hassle.
It's definitey not worth it money wise. I think it takes me as long to do a PDP, as it does a Med Supp. Big difference in commissions. I just wanted one for those new to Medicare. One less reason for another agent to get in the house.

So if I don't do AHIP, does that mean I don't have to deal with the "handcuffs" CMS puts on you for marketing, seminars, etc?

And I agree, SS is the best plan. Sick and a $405 deductible hit at the counter, to save $7/month is stupid.

Question: if they are currently on SS (via Medicare.gov) and I write it for 2019, do I get the $30? Or only new people?
You still have to follow the rules.

Unless their drug costs $405 for a month's supply.

Yeah, but that's not the same as people thinking they have to walk in the pharmacy and fork over $400 plus their copay. I explain how the deductible works 2x if I have to and even show them the cost report.

If they still say "Yeah, but I may not have $400" then I tell them to sign up for SilverScript.

Latest posts

Back