Silverscript Part D - What's needed to sell?

Then I shall pass until if/when I decide to sell MAPD. Its just not worth the hassle.

SS & Humana both pay full year each year in jan, Its a nice check each year,

your writing drug plans each year might as well certify. Especially you deal heavily with the newly retiring. even if all you did was humana, SS, and Aetna how many drug plans would you do each year under your current model?

I am currently using SS, UHC, Humana, Envision, and Aetna. I just switched over to Ritter for Medicareful, so now I have SS, Humana, and Aetna with Medicareful. Very easy to use. I used the Humana app in the past and had two clients have issues with it, call the carrier and the rep enrolled them in a MA plan. I hope Medicareful will be the end of that.

UHC and Envision each have an online link you can send to clients. You have to include instructions on how to put in your producer code. I just wish they would send confirmation emails to producers when the client has completed the app.

Those cover a majority of what I do. And like Vic said, it's a nice check early in the year. If you are helping people with it already, why not certify.

Drug plans don't "front end" the deductible.

Next time you run a PDP report on Medicare, go to the cost page and hit View All Months. You will see how the deductible increases their copay on some of the drugs until the deductible is satisfied. I have a few clients on Envision (or other deductible plans) and they will never satisfy the deductible for the year but still save $$$ vs Silver Script.

They can sometimes save by using the pharmacy across the street from their "regular" pharmacy.

I get that. :)

I'm talking about the people who either take lisinopril and lovastatin only or nothing at all.

Then they get some whacked out infection in Europe that requires a fancy antibiotic and BAM! Where's my $405?

Is that worth $7/month savings? I don't think so, but I also don't care. Its their money, my job is to present the options.

And I'm well aware of the roll your pharmacy choice plays in costs.

"Your drug costs are determined by a triangle of contracts between the drug manufacturer, insurance companies and pharmacy." :)

Only additional thought is that, yes, EnvisionRxPlus is about as easy as SilverScript, and you may want to add it as well.

Client/Prospect goes to EnvisionRxPlus dot com and clicks enroll. I stay on the phone with them... I tell them it's easier than buying a book on Amazon, and it takes fewer than 10 minutes.

They do need to enter your broker code - but the application prompts them too - I haven't had one person not enter my code (and, again, I'm on the phone with them and we normally do it after we just finished the med supp e-app).

Only additional thought is that, yes, EnvisionRxPlus is about as easy as SilverScript, and you may want to add it as well.

Client/Prospect goes to EnvisionRxPlus dot com and clicks enroll. I stay on the phone with them... I tell them it's easier than buying a book on Amazon, and it takes fewer than 10 minutes.

They do need to enter your broker code - but the application prompts them too - I haven't had one person not enter my code (and, again, I'm on the phone with them and we normally do it after we just finished the med supp e-app).
What do you do with a SOA in this situation? Not needed like with SS?

What do you do with a SOA in this situation? Not needed like with SS?

I (personally) use Medicareful's eSOA for it. I have no clue if it is "needed" or not, but I capture it on all apps just to be sure.

Even with silverscript's e-mailed link app - I had thought a SOA was required so I always got it. Apparently it's not needed?

750 clients x $37.00 = $27,750.00. Definitely not worth the 2 hours of training you have to do.

I'm with ya. So in terms of regulations on contacting your current clients (and any marketing to new prospects) for Part D, are those all covered in the AHIP training? For example email blasts to current clients for their Part D review, or information on websites regarding Part D?
I (personally) use Medicareful's eSOA for it. I have no clue if it is "needed" or not, but I capture it on all apps just to be sure.

Even with silverscript's e-mailed link app - I had thought a SOA was required so I always got it. Apparently it's not needed?

Okay so Medicareful has come up a few times, do you need all your Part D contracts through Ritter to use it? And is it just a software platform to help get scopes? I remember Craig telling me he was coming out with that years ago, thought it was just an agent directory. Haven't looked at it since.

I'm with ya. So in terms of regulations on contacting your current clients (and any marketing to new prospects) for Part D, are those all covered in the AHIP training? For example email blasts to current clients for their Part D review, or information on websites regarding Part D?

Okay so Medicareful has come up a few times, do you need all your Part D contracts through Ritter to use it? And is it just a software platform to help get scopes? I remember Craig telling me he was coming out with that years ago, thought it was just an agent directory. Haven't looked at it since.

I believe that you have to have at least one contract with them for them to make the medicareful site - which is basically a very easy consumer facing SOA.

You can check mine out at medicareful dot com / scottshafran

When someone fills out 'contact us" it auto-populates the SOA doc to download.

I'd imagine there are other ways to easily get a SOA signed. Like docusign or something, but this was free...

I should clarify. If you have contracts through them it can be more than just an eSOA. It's an enrollment platform as well. I have not used that part of it as most of my contracts are elsewhere. I just use it for easy SOA.

Latest posts

Back