So what is your take?

I don't care what product you sell, if you sit back and do nothing to serve your client year after year, you can only expect to lose him unless you have a corner on the market. That's the nature of the sales business.

As far as future commissions and MA is concerned, you can drive yourself mad worrying over whether CMS is going to do this or your carrier is going to do that, or your client may dump you, or your spouse is gonna cheat on you... wait a minute... I think I got off track there. Point is, worry ain't gonna change a thing.

Yes, MA plans have a volatile future. Yes CMS is indecisive, ignorant, and frustrating (not necessarily in that order). Yes, clients want to shop their plans.... (which is why we have a job, by the way). Yes, it is entirely possible this whole commission scheme may blow up in our face next year! I, for one, will not spend my second, third, fourth, etc. etc. year commissions before they hatch! I just will be glad to get them, if I do! Right now, it is possible. Under last year's contract, it wasn't!

Back