Sometimes It Just Feels Good!!

Well I have to say that I might have had my first truly gratifying personal reason to be glad I am an independent agent now!

I have a client that is suffering from cancer and despite the prognosis is trying to keep an up beat and positive attitude. He also has a 18 year old daughter that recently got her license and as a result needed to be added to his auto insurance. Of course this resulted in a significant increase in his premium which he really couldn't afford since he is now on disability with a very limited income. In the past as a captive agent my hands would have been tied and the rate would have been what is was and the client would have been forced to look elsewhere for insurance if he couldn't afford the premium. As an independent agent I was able to find coverage for them that will be within their budget, I was also able to trim a little off their homeowners as well. Needless to say when I called the client and told him the news he was extremely grateful as he had been struggling with how he would be able to afford the increase. His daughter has to work to help him maintain his bills as well. I have to say it just made me feel good to be able to help someone out that that is just trying to make it one day at a time.

Maybe the forum needs a "good news" section where we can share the good things we are able to do for people on occasion.

That's the best reason to be Independent, in my opinon.
It just feels great to be able to save clients money.:)

Well I have to say that I might have had my first truly gratifying personal reason to be glad I am an independent agent now!

I have a client that is suffering from cancer and despite the prognosis is trying to keep an up beat and positive attitude. He also has a 18 year old daughter that recently got her license and as a result needed to be added to his auto insurance. Of course this resulted in a significant increase in his premium which he really couldn't afford since he is now on disability with a very limited income. In the past as a captive agent my hands would have been tied and the rate would have been what is was and the client would have been forced to look elsewhere for insurance if he couldn't afford the premium. As an independent agent I was able to find coverage for them that will be within their budget, I was also able to trim a little off their homeowners as well. Needless to say when I called the client and told him the news he was extremely grateful as he had been struggling with how he would be able to afford the increase. His daughter has to work to help him maintain his bills as well. I have to say it just made me feel good to be able to help someone out that that is just trying to make it one day at a time.

Maybe the forum needs a "good news" section where we can share the good things we are able to do for people on occasion.

You summed it all up...By not being Captive, you have no conflict of interest to push just one companies product..Congrats!

back in the day was running leads and advances for american national and the nba as well as writing unicare......all the agents would show up of fri's to turn in biz and there was this Russian chick I would replace her her existing business clients every once and a while with other company's she wrote with other company's..like time and world..I always asked who their current agent was......at the meetings would show her the application on her current client......hahahahaha

Back