Stay Independent or Go Career Aflac

ksurfer86

Expert
I have achieved some success as an agent with Aflac. I also have developed connections with many major carriers and agencies to conduct business with because I know sometimes Aflac isn't right fit. I also have incorporated my company, developed brochures, created a website, began marketing myself as my company. I have both life and health and p&c licenses and have access to write all lines. I am ready to go! I am curious however if I should change my plan and take a district role in Aflac?

I have achieved some success as an agent with Aflac. I also have developed connections with many major carriers and agencies to conduct business with because I know sometimes Aflac isn't right fit. I also have incorporated my company, developed brochures, created a website, began marketing myself as my company. I have both life and health and p&c licenses and have access to write all lines. I am ready to go! I am curious however if I should change my plan and take a district role in Aflac?

That's not really a question that anyone can answer, but you. Maybe you should ask more specific questions.

That's not really a question that anyone can answer, but you. Maybe you should ask more specific questions.

Sman, is right. However, I will add that it seems that you are spread too thin and trying to be and do too much. You will do better if you concentrate on one area.

Concentrating in one area is important. However if you go independent you may be able to hire agents that specialize in specific areas so that you can own a multiline insurance agency. Multiple lines of products helps with retention and long term financial stability.

Thanks so much, all insights are helpful. I don't think I can do both for ill need to focus myself. Aflac seems secure and established but I don't want to limit myself.

Ksurfer, when I first saw this I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. Somewhere on this site is someone's attempt at sarcasm in which they describe being spread too thin and you just greatly reminded me of that post, whoever the asshole was who wrote to mock someone's similar question.

It sounds like you are at a crossroads. There is full market churn in health right now, albeit with lower commissions. Growth in that sector is inevitable with the right strategy. I have argued in many threads why group plans are going to be extinct eventually without rebuttal. Check it out.

I assume if you take a district role you are captive? That could be limiting as AFLAC is fairly dependent on group insurance as an entry. I doubt many companies will keep group supplements and drop group health.

I would stay very on top of the politics of employer provided healthcare. I and most people qualified to opine are fairly convinced that group plans will be only offered by the highest paying employers eventually.

Back