Stolen website

So to play devils advocate your original article was 100% original and you didn't reference any other article or any other research. I am sure you get my point, at this point in society and life everything is copy written or borrowed if you will, so really all she had to do was reference his research back to your original article and everything would be perfectly fine?

Every nutritional book or self-help book is always referenced by 47 pages of research it's the same thing. I think you're wasting your valuable time and I also think he's a big baby for not admitting he used your material but also changed some of the words,

Business has always been about taking what someone else is done and making it better rarely is it an actual original idea.

Referencing other peoples work (acknowledged or not) is totally different than outright plagiarism. When I said he changed a few words, I mean that in a 9 paragraph article he changed the wording of 3 sentences, added a 3 line paragraph at the end to pitch his services, and everything else is word for word. 95% of "his" article is word for word my article.

Also, it was a highly technical article. It was not a subject that you can google and get much info of technical significance. Most of my info came from conference calls and presentations from the owner of the product/system.

If someone wants to read, learn, and reuse that info to create their own work then I dont give a ****. That site was more about existing clients than google searches.
But when you steal my hard work and steal my expertise, then that is just a dirty and immoral thing to do. Especially to someone in your own industry.

Then there is the fact that this is a highly technical issue (taxes/trusts/WBPs/TPAs/etc). The fact that this guy just stole my article tells me that he most likely did not have the technical knowledge to write an article on that level and in that depth... of course all he had to do was read my article and just put it in his own words... but he was too lazy to do that.

Referencing other peoples work (acknowledged or not) is totally different than outright plagiarism. When I said he changed a few words, I mean that in a 9 paragraph article he changed the wording of 3 sentences, added a 3 line paragraph at the end to pitch his services, and everything else is word for word. 95% of "his" article is word for word my article. Also, it was a highly technical article. It was not a subject that you can google and get much info of technical significance. Most of my info came from conference calls and presentations from the owner of the product/system. If someone wants to read, learn, and reuse that info to create their own work then I dont give a ****. That site was more about existing clients than google searches. But when you steal my hard work and steal my expertise, then that is just a dirty and immoral thing to do. Especially to someone in your own industry. Then there is the fact that this is a highly technical issue (taxes/trusts/WBPs/TPAs/etc). The fact that this guy just stole my article tells me that he most likely did not have the technical knowledge to write an article on that level and in that depth... of course all he had to do was read my article and just put it in his own words... but he was too lazy to do that.

Can I steal it? Especially if I admit to being to dumb to write it myself. :)

Seems like his article spinner didn't do a good enough job.

I agree that it's probably not worth your valuable time.

Its not something Im dedicating any decent amount of time to really. Maybe just a request or two publicly on facebook or twitter.

It just really pissed me off when I spoke to him and he wouldnt even admit it and then told me I was crazy. I wasnt being an ass, I was totally professional and figured the cause was his web guy or something and figured we would probably have a laugh about it and he would get it removed or edited. But he had no professional courtesy at all. So I think he was probably complicit in it...

----------

Can I steal it? Especially if I admit to being to dumb to write it myself. :)

My point was that he was either lazy or stupid. It is not above anyone's head if they have the desire to take the time to learn it.

But since it is a retirement product/system that has limited distribution, only a small amount of pension advisors/agents in the country know about it. More CPAs probably know about it than agents/advisors.

And about the dumb comment, you would be "too dumb"... not "to dumb" :1tongue: :1cute:
(too many of those mangoritas will make you to dumb... LOL)

Last edited:
Back