Sunday Cold Calling?

Anyone cold calls me on Sunday will never, ever get my business. Nor will they ever get a favorable recommendation to anyone from me. They would not be able to get me on Sunday morning or Sunday evening and Sunday afternoon is family and nap time and I don't want to be disturbed. There are 6 other days you can call me without imposing on my Sunday.

Many ppl in my agency call on sundays, including myself. Its not such a big deal in New Zealand. Some ppl dont like it but u get a fantastic pick up rate so y not. If i can i try to fill my diary with appointments on sunday then have the rest of the week to meet ppl and do the business

New Zealand Life Insurance

Ok, I thought it was a fed law. someone let me know ai was wrong.:swoon:

The no Sunday thing isn't a federal law. If you check out wikipedia they have some great stuff on there. I think Texas has a goofy law about only being able to call on Sundays if it's after 12pm and they have to stop by 8:00pm or 8:30pm during the week.

At the Federal level you're safe to call 9am-9pm, Monday through Sunday, but each state can tighten that up if they like and Texas is one that has.

That clear it up?

I don't bother my prospects and clients on Sunday. obviously it's a day-off for everybody

The timing of your call is one of the most important factors when it comes to getting through to a potential client. Avoid making cold calls on weekends. Most people don’t want to be bothered on Saturday or Sunday.

The best times for me to call are Tuesday through Thursday, early in the morning and later in the evening. Shoot for 8 – 9 a.m. and 5-6 p.m.

The timing of your call is one of the most important factors when it comes to getting through to a potential client. Avoid making cold calls on weekends. Most people don’t want to be bothered on Saturday or Sunday.

The best times for me to call are Tuesday through Thursday, early in the morning and later in the evening. Shoot for 8 – 9 a.m. and 5-6 p.m.

1) The question was one of regulation/rules not theory..(but since you're there)

2) "Most people don’t want to be bothered on Saturday or Sunday."
* If THAT is your position, they NEVER want to be bothered by your unrequested call, period. (If, you are really concerned about their honest desire)

3) The truth is "The best times for me " in when you will work, which is also when YOU will be successful, within the law of course.

Bottom line is many times our theories are, just that theory, "our sweet spot".
Don't get me wrong, work when you want...if you think this is better than that, great.

But you can't stand on a soap box and think you've "timed" when prospects LOVE to receive cold calls, that's just nonsense....cold calls work when, they work.

If a prospect is pissed that you called him, he doesn't stop and say "oh, well it's Tuesday, today is a good day to sell me"..you are confusing your better RESULTS days w/ a prospect's desire.

That's apples and eggs, my friend.

Cold calling is just that, COLD ....calling ppl you haven't spoken to, ....you have NO idea when they would have preferred you call, that's why it's cold....the only thing you can do is WORK.

Now you can study your results, and convince yourself, that fish don't bite on Mondays and Fridays and you may chose to only cast your net or pay better attention or work harder Tuesday-Thursday (which is fine) but other fishermen could easily prove (w/ their catches) that the fish do indeed bite at "their" preferred times as well.

Point being that, there is NO such time when ppl "want to be bothered" with cold calls at this perfect "time" vs that one.
There may be better result times, to catch folks but trust me they are still bothered by our call.

The best results happen, whenever you are locked in, working, period.

Fisherman can't catch fish unless they are fishing....the fish don't tell fishermen which bait to use or what day they gonna be hungry enough to bite.....you just have to cast, just like cold calling.:cool:

Back