Sunday Cold Calling?

Wow that's amazing back in January you posted

"I am in college as well. I run 10-15 appointments a week. I set them around my schedule. Not getting rich, $1000-$1500 a week-ish. Better than a retail gig...... Found 5 carriers that would sign me at 80% or 90% and ran with it. When im done with school, ill go full time."

So in five months time you recruited 42 agents and are now an expert in FE. Wow.

Interested in Making Insurance a Career

I would call that almost instant success! :yes:

When I first started it was with Reserve National, they sent out great leads that people thought was from the local rural co-op. I would call on Sunday afternoons, I could fill up the entire week in a few hours. However, I was calling thier leads, and not cold calling. I won't do it now, but it was very effective a dozen years ago.

I've been reading this thread, and, I will start to cold-call on Sunday as well. I share an office with several other insurance agents who go out of their way not to cold call- they act like the activity is beneath them. It isn't, because they are averaging 1,500 a.v. or less a week.

Judge Ziglar (Zig's brother) wrote a book called "Timid Salesmen Have Skinny Kids." From what I've seen, that is the truest statement ever made about the world of selling. If I was worried about offending someone, I wouldn't make a single cold call any day of the week. It all comes down to this: Do I care whether my kids eat or what someone else thinks? If you really want to be in a position where you won't be offending anyone, get a job at Wal-Mart as a greeter.

I am currently cold calling a business list, and I go to great lengths to remove businesses that are insurance related before I load them in my dialer. I accidentally called one insurance agent by mistake. The name of his company gave no indication he was in the insurance business. I didn't find out what he did until the end of my pitch. He told me how offended he was and blah blah blah and how he was going to write my MGA a letter and blah blah blah. I almost thought about giving him my foul-mouthed MGA's cell phone number. I would have loved to hear what my MGA would have told him. He would have had wet pants when my MGA was done, and I am sure my MGA is going to wipe his @#% with that letter and mail it back to him. Someone needs to kick people like this in the teeth and in the @#% as a public service.

I've been reading this thread, and, I will start to cold-call on Sunday as well. I share an office with several other insurance agents who go out of their way not to cold call- they act like the activity is beneath them. It isn't, because they are averaging 1,500 a.v. or less a week.

Judge Ziglar (Zig's brother) wrote a book called "Timid Salesmen Have Skinny Kids." From what I've seen, that is the truest statement ever made about the world of selling. If I was worried about offending someone, I wouldn't make a single cold call any day of the week. It all comes down to this: Do I care whether my kids eat or what someone else thinks? If you really want to be in a position where you won't be offending anyone, get a job at Wal-Mart as a greeter.

I am currently cold calling a business list, and I go to great lengths to remove businesses that are insurance related before I load them in my dialer. I accidentally called one insurance agent by mistake. The name of his company gave no indication he was in the insurance business. I didn't find out what he did until the end of my pitch. He told me how offended he was and blah blah blah and how he was going to write my MGA a letter and blah blah blah. I almost thought about giving him my foul-mouthed MGA's cell phone number. I would have loved to hear what my MGA would have told him. He would have had wet pants when my MGA was done, and I am sure my MGA is going to wipe his @#% with that letter and mail it back to him. Someone needs to kick people like this in the teeth and in the @#% as a public service.

Why would anyone be intimidated by someone who is so ignorant of the English language that they cannot express themselves without resorting to profanity.?

Latest posts

Back