Telesales Question

What Telesales Method?

• Telephone only

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Screen Share

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For those that are doing telesales, do you do a screen share the prospect or do you just speak with them on the phone without them actually seeing you or whatever you a talking about? Does one method or the other result in a better closing ratio?
I'm not a big producer. For what it's worth, however, all I have ever done is telesales and have never done a screen share. As DayTimer said, getting the prospect to tell you, in their own words, why it's important to them is what will result in a better closing ratio. After I get them to tell me why it's important, I follow that up with, "I understand, but why is it important that you put a policy in place TODAY?" If they answer that question, they have pretty much sold themselves. After publicly admitting that this is something that not only is important, but also urgent, they will buy because the thoughts and feelings resulting from contradicting (or lying) oneself feels worse.
I may include some additional "feeling" questions before I tie them down. I tie them down by repeating back to them why they said it was important today to do something and how they said it would make them feel if they do or don't. I may also ask what reason(s) would lead them to procrastinate or not proceed today. If their "why" and "feelings" are strong enough, you can hang your hat on a sale occurring. I recall making someone cry, whom I've only talked to over the phone, by asking these types of questions.

Last edited:
"Why is it important that you put a policy in place TODAY?"
Just curious. What's your comeback when you've got someone like me on the phone? My answer to that question would be simple. "It's not."

I'm a 70 yr old Boomer that's getting crankier by the day. I never get in a hurry and I never do one-call closes. Buying or selling. Hell, I once put off having a heart attack simply because I wasn't in the mood.

Again. Just curious. How would you handle an old fart like me?

Just curious. What's your comeback when you've got someone like me on the phone? My answer to that question would be simple. "It's not."

I'm a 70 yr old Boomer that's getting crankier by the day. I never get in a hurry and I never do one-call closes. Buying or selling. Hell, I once put off having a heart attack simply because I wasn't in the mood.

I don't do phone sales but I do get people like that. I'm out of there is a few minutes. If it's not important to them it's not important that I waste any more time there.

I would think that's twice as important on the phone. Get to next.

hahahahahaha......that's funny!
If you tell me it's not important to you, I believe you and appreciate your honesty. I solve people's problems; therefore, because you don't have one, to continue would be a waste of both of our time.

I don't do phone sales but I do get people like that. I'm out of there is a few minutes. If it's not important to them it's not important that I waste any more time there.

I would think that's twice as important on the phone. Get to next.
Wow, I didnt see your post before I responded to rmhaire. To think that you would respond the same way makes me think I'm doing things right. If only I would get my ass out here and work!

If you tell me it's not important to you, I believe you and appreciate your honesty.
I never said that it wasn't important. I simply said not today. Why does it have to be today?

Boomers don't like to be rushed. You'll lose more sales than you'll make.

Wow, I didnt see your post before I responded to rmhaire. To think that you would respond the same way makes me think I'm doing things right. If only I would get my ass out here and work!

The old saying, "a man convinced against his will is of the same opinions still!" is a saying because it's true.

I never said that it wasn't important. I simply said not today. Why does it have to be today?

Boomers don't like to be rushed. You'll lose more sales than you'll make.
If it's not important today, I agree with you. When it becomes important enough for you to do something about it, I promise to give you my undivided attention. I wish I had time to socialize with you, but right now there are people depending on me I have to get back to. Something to that effect to end the call.

Back