Telesales Question

What Telesales Method?

• Telephone only

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Screen Share

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If it's not important today, I agree with you. When it becomes important enough for you to do something about it, I promise to give you my undivided attention. I wish I had time to socialize with you, but right now there are people depending on me I have to get back to. Something to that effect to end the call.

You're missing his point. He ONLY said it wasn't important to him today. It might be tomorrow after he gives it some thought...or maybe next week. If you have found out his "why", then you would know that it is important to him, but maybe doesn't want to be rushed into it. At this point, you need to find out his "when".

You're missing his point. He ONLY said it wasn't important to him today. It might be tomorrow after he gives it some thought...or maybe next week. If you have found out his "why", then you would know that it is important to him, but maybe doesn't want to be rushed into it. At this point, you need to find out his "when".
I ask that up front. Have you ever purchased disability insurance before? What changed, why now?

You get all sorts of answers but those answers will quickly determine how serious they are.

We have a winner....

I never buy on the first date. Problem is there are thousands of Boomers out there just like me. If you're selling Boomers it gets a lot easier when you think like a Boomer.

We have a winner....

I never buy on the first date. Problem is there are thousands of Boomers out there just like me. If you're selling Boomers it gets a lot easier when you think like a Boomer.

I don’t find that to be the case. It’s always a one call close. I do address when very early

If when ain’t today then I’m gone. I’m not calling them again until the next time they mail in a card.

I never said that it wasn't important. I simply said not today. Why does it have to be today?

Boomers don't like to be rushed. You'll lose more sales than you'll make.
Real Simple.

I would like to get you the most accurate quote I can get you. "GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBE. It appears that you were looking for an accurate quote today. I can send you internet quote but i both think we know what that means.
SO let me ask just a couple of questions and we can get you the information you specifically requested and an accurate quote based on your situation (long pause) Does that sound ok?

Last edited:
hahahahahaha......that's funny!
If you tell me it's not important to you, I believe you and appreciate your honesty. I solve people's problems; therefore, because you don't have one, to continue would be a waste of both of our time.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I only present to interested and qualified prospects. If you don't have someone you love enough to do business with me today, you are wasting my time and I politley get up and leave, or, if I were selling over the phone, I'd thank them for not wasting anymore of my time and I'd be dialing the next lead as quick as I could disconnect.
I never said that it wasn't important. I simply said not today. Why does it have to be today?

Boomers don't like to be rushed. You'll lose more sales than you'll make.

If it were important enough, you'd do it today. I can't tell you how many FE policies I sold (and are still on the books 5,5, 6 years later to some cranky old dude who said "I'll hear you out, but I ain't doing nothing today."

He was right, he didn't so nothing that day. He did something! And not one of them would tell you that I rushed them into a decision or felt any pressure from me. Any pressure they felt was coming from theirowndamnself.

If this is sold the right way you can't sign the prospect up quick enough. As @jdeasy says, if they have a "why" then more likely than not they gonna buy, today, from him. One call closing as we are talking about here isn't "rushing" anyone. Heck, if someone has made it to 70 years of age without putting something in place to take care of at least their burning or burying, they can't say anyone "rushed" them into anything.

Heck, if someone has made it to 70 years of age without putting something in place to take care of at least their burning or burying, they can't say anyone "rushed" them into anything.
That's why I always ask "what's changed?"

You went this long without coverage, why are you looking for it now?

I have a different timeline with my product line but it's all basically the same shit. People procrastinate until they don't. I'm ok doing a few calls on my product line but I need responses and engagement or you're going into a drip system.

One call closing as we are talking about here isn't "rushing" anyone.
Who said anything about one call closing. I didn't.

I just made the point that there are tons of Boomers out there that think like me. It's the price you pay for chasing low hanging fruit. If that's the way you want to sell it's perfectly fine by me. Just blow the horn when you ride by. I'll be waiting for the next guy.

Back