Terminated?!

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
I have been selling UHC/AARP Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage Plans for 4 years now, and I get THIS?

When I called PHD (which is no help at all), I got "they do a background check every year."

I asked how many years they have been doing this, and got no answer. My credit is just as lousy as it was three and two years ago.

So, they gave me this number to a TPA that does the background checks, and I had to call them, and have them MAIL me a report that I can dispute.

Looks like MoO is getting more of my business.

Attachments

• UHC Termination Letter.pdf
    30.5 KB · Views: 196
Wow!

How do you know it was a credit report related issue? Perhaps it is not?

At least you will be getting your commissions.

All I can say is that they are a funny company to deal with.

From their perspective, they always have a target on their back from the media and progressive special interest groups. First of all they are a Fortune 25 company whose revenues exceed the GDP of half the countries on the planet. Secondly, they are a health insurance company operating in the US in today's anti insurer climate. 'Nuff said.

All they need is one rouge agent with spotty credit and Chris Hanson Dateline NBC will do an undercover investigation and they'll spin it to the point where the public will perceive that UHC hires criminals to take advantage of America's Seniors all in the name of HUGE profits.

It all boils down to their own risk management. They live a a bubble and that bubble tells them that a 675 credit score (or whatever their cut off is) reduces their risks of PR nightmare...

In other words, "the more you have, the more you have to lose..."

You hit on the head as they are a "Funny company" but not funny haha....PHD is useless, they will contact your client direct and offer them something else....If they didn't have the lowest price by a large margin I would not deal with them.

I don't understand this whole credit thing anyway.......I get it if you are collecting cash etc..........but selling Medicare plans??

I thought about firing my Doctor when I found out he smoked and drank alcohol.........then I realized we are all human!

Wow. That sucks. We will probably get one here too then. There are plenty of reasons for not having a stellar credit history. This shouldn't factor into who they contract with. Like 669 says, we aren't dealing with cash here.

Unbelievable....I wonder if more companies are going to start doing this....Your credit can fluctuate so much at any given time... do they expect everyone to have a perfect credit score???

They terminated me as well. I just assumed it was for lack of production though, since I never wrote a policy with them. I once thought about getting into the medicare market, got appointed, did it for a month or 2, then decided it wasn't really for me.

Maybe I should go look at my credit report.... nah, can't be that!!!

Dan

I have a question about the commissions. I was told CMS would not allow an agent who was not certified to receive renewals. But UHC says they will pay the renewals per the contract. Does the contract state that renewals will not be paid if the agent is not certified? If your termed, you cannot re-certify.

If it is a credit issue usually that happens if the agent is requesting advanced commissions, however, as other have said they do business a little differently than other companies. It may be more likely that a company will terminate an agent for "Vector" reasons.

The background department must, if you request it, send you the specific reason in writing. They must also give you the opportunity to dispute it. If it is a Vector issue it may be easy to straighten out and get reinstated.

Back