Terminated?!

So many better companies that UHC.. You just need to flush them down the toilet, and send them a thank you letter for terminating you. I dont understand their process, do they do background checks on every agent every year or just certain ones? What do they draw names out of a hat?

I have been appointed with UHC on the medicare side and on the Indy health side for several years now and I know my credit isn't great by any standards.

I have been selling UHC/AARP Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage Plans for 4 years now, and I get THIS?

When I called PHD (which is no help at all), I got "they do a background check every year."

I asked how many years they have been doing this, and got no answer. My credit is just as lousy as it was three and two years ago.

So, they gave me this number to a TPA that does the background checks, and I had to call them, and have them MAIL me a report that I can dispute.

Looks like MoO is getting more of my business.

Yes, I was terminated two years ago by UHC for credit reasons, I'm sure. Lousy credit. No Vector hits however. I really was interested in their WalMart kiosk offerings as way to get new business. Man, I was pumped about the opportunity! Then they canned me, so f* them...sorry for the rant, but good to know someone else felt the same way...

UHC is tightening the criteria on the background checks too. They are so huge and stand to lose so much they would rather miss out on some business by turning down some agents than risk even a handful of them being bad for their business. Statistically they're right, but it's a disservice to folks that have integrity and will be honest whether or not they have bad credit.

I am amazed at how many admittedly have "lousy" credit in here.

It's almost like they are insurance agents ;)

When I worked as a carrier rep it was pretty common for me to be working on getting an agent onboard and they seemed to like the product but were playing hard to get; most of the time that meant there was a credit issue.

my credit is F$#@!! 6 ways silly...

but that dont mean im not floating in the pool of $100 bills like B.I.G nor does it mean Im not a good business person, it just means "The Man" has been holding me down...

As soon as my renewals hit $1,000 a month UHC/AARP has been trying to Terminate me. Backround checks, Requesting info on up to date EO, Requesting copies of Scope of appointments. This is it ive decided to dump my renewals and not certify with them this next year.
I stopped writing MAs over a year ago but was just collecting the renewals. its not worth it anymore.

Just imagine if we made our elected officials go through the same credit check or even the executives at some of these insurance companies.

Back