The Door Knock Life

Government again... "Do as I say, not as I do." Well, if they can do it... we can! After all, we're actually LICENSED to do so!

Politicians consider what they do "canvassing" and they have co-opted the term "canvassing" to mean only non-commercial activities.

I consider myself a canvasser: I am providing information, I am not trying to talk my way into the home then and there to make a sales presentation. Even when I gain the appointment, I am never "closing" or "selling" in the Hollywood caricatured sense of those terms. I am education people. If they ask me "How can we fix this?" then have I sold them anything?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

I ask you ... have I?

Politicians consider what they do "canvassing" and they have co-opted the term "canvassing" to mean only non-commercial activities.

I consider myself a canvasser: I am providing information, I am not trying to talk my way into the home then and there to make a sales presentation. Even when I gain the appointment, I am never "closing" or "selling" in the Hollywood caricatured sense of those terms. I am education people. If they ask me "How can we fix this?" then have I sold them anything?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

I ask you ... have I?
I sure hope you have.... :yes:If not they still have the problem even if they want to rectify it.. ':eek:

I sure hope you have.... :yes:If not they still have the problem even if they want to rectify it.. ':eek:

Just emphasizing the difference between them buying based on their own desire to fix a problem rather than being sold without really being sure of anything other than I sound "good."

A great agent by the name Emily Prendiville gave a talk a few years back at MDRT (I'm sure @DHK will post the link as I don't have it book marked in this computer) where she discusses life insurance as a want, rather than a mere need.

Thomas Love, her mentor, has discussed the fact that life insurance itself is not the solution: Getting the client to realize that they have a problem is the solution. From there to them making the decisison to apply for life insurance becomes a small and relatively easy decision for them. The big movement is getting them to see a problem that they do in fact have that they had no idea that they had.

Reactions: DHK
Just emphasizing the difference between them buying based on their own desire to fix a problem rather than being sold without really being sure of anything other than I sound "good."

A great agent by the name Emily Prendiville gave a talk a few years back at MDRT (I'm sure @DHK will post the link as I don't have it book marked in this computer) where she discusses life insurance as a want, rather than a mere need.

Thomas Love, her mentor, has discussed the fact that life insurance itself is not the solution: Getting the client to realize that they have a problem is the solution. From there to them making the decisison to apply for life insurance becomes a small and relatively easy decision for them. The big movement is getting them to see a problem that they do in fact have that they had no idea that they had.

I'll post them both:

Today it was about 87*F and not too humid ... it has been a tough summer on the doors weather-wise though ... lot's of 90* - 97* F days and enough moisture in the air to wash your car without a garden hose.

upload_2021-7-28_20-28-5.png

Back