The highly requested update on my experience with FE thus far...

Hello all,

Some of you may remember my initial videos detailing my first few weekends selling FE part time. This video details my admittedly limited experience since then--and it's not all good news! I have received many requests for an update on my experience to date.

I really debated producing this video. I know a lot of people were encouraged by my initial message. In the end, I decided to be honest with the community. I wholeheartedly admit the bulk of these problems could be with me.

I am curious what this experienced community has to offer regarding my experiences thus far. Please keep your comments respectful of others.

Thank you.

I think the guy you are counting on for help doesn't know what he's doing. What successful producer has time to run your leads?

And if you are losing that much business then something is way wrong. Same for this supposed mentor.

Are you recording your presentations and then letting real producers listen to them?

It's not the area. I know several producers in the Dallas area that do extremely well. Including one that's done over $300K for many years in a row.

But there is no way anyone can help you based on the information you provided.

You seem to have a defeatist attitude. I heard a very successful agent say yesterday that slumps are self perpetuating.

I've seen many agents wash out in this area too. They all say the things that you said there. It's the demographics. The market is playing out. It's over saturated here.

That stuff has been said for as long as I've been in this business. That's where the "monkey dust" saying came from. Dan Runge and I were kidding around with agents saying exactly what you are saying and we started telling them that the secret was monkey dust.

Then they wanted to know where to get this monkey dust. Agents to this day seriously ask about monkey dust.

If you really want to do this business it would follow that you need to get with an upline that can train you. And by that I mean one that has demonstrated that they can train agents for this business.

Most people cannot do this. The 1 year washout rate is over 90%. It's a hard business. Companies don't pay 120% commissions because it's easy. If it were easy they would pay college kids $10 an hour to go around a pick up the applications.

Most people cannot do this. The 1 year washout rate is over 90%. It's a hard business. Companies don't pay 120% commissions because it's easy. If it were easy they would pay college kids $10 an hour to go around a pick up the applications.

This pretty much sums it up. JD mentions the 1st year washout rate at 90%. I'll take it a step further and venture to say the washout rate for life insurance part-timers is 99.999%

Success with insurance sales, in general, is a FULL-TIME gig that requires full-time attention. This is not a job; it's a business and needs to be treated as such. I don't know any successful business people in any industry, let alone insurance that has achieved any measure of success by initially working part-time.

If after 10+ years of working balls to the wall, producing several hundred thousand of AP and you want to the dial down, then this becomes an entirely different discussion.

This pretty much sums it up. JD mentions the 1st year washout rate at 90%. I'll take it a step further and venture to say the washout rate for life insurance part-timers is 99.999%

Success with insurance sales, in general, is a FULL-TIME gig that requires full-time attention. This is not a job; it's a business and needs to be treated as such. I don't know any successful business people in any industry, let alone insurance that has achieved any measure of success by initially working part-time.

If after 10+ years of working balls to the wall, producing several hundred thousand of AP and you want to the dial down, then this becomes an entirely different discussion.
but his name is "easy" so I don't buy it that it's tough

Do these leads go directly to you or does someone else see them ?

Maybe someone is coming in behind you.

Hello all,

Some of you may remember my initial videos detailing my first few weekends selling FE part time. This video details my admittedly limited experience since then--and it's not all good news! I have received many requests for an update on my experience to date.

I really debated producing this video. I know a lot of people were encouraged by my initial message. In the end, I decided to be honest with the community. I wholeheartedly admit the bulk of these problems could be with me.

I am curious what this experienced community has to offer regarding my experiences thus far. Please keep your comments respectful of others.

Thank you.

my question is why are you doing this? whats your why? is that why big enough for you to do this part time? drop off,s no takes , bad drafts are part of the FE biz, you need to find your why,

I can't help but really want to agree with you.
Trust your instincts. To be fair, I am not a fan of the leads obsession set up by these "final expense outfits" . So I am biased or prejudiced against leads. So to be fair and honest and full disclosure, I am not huge fan of buying leads. I have done it before- but not really a fan. So I may not be the best person to give advice here. But I shall take a moment and explain. Here in a minute. I gotta get a phone call.... { plus the best lead is always free and that's a referral or word of mouth}

Trust your instincts. To be fair, I am not a fan of the leads obsession set up by these "final expense outfits" . So I am biased or prejudiced against leads. So to be fair and honest and full disclosure, I am not huge fan of buying leads. I have done it before- but not really a fan. So I may not be the best person to give advice here. But I shall take a moment and explain. Here in a minute. I gotta get a phone call.... { plus the best lead is always free and that's a referral or word of mouth}
My brain was right there with you at one time. I’m here to tell you that you are definitely misguided.

Without leads you will work your azz off to write $1500 per week consistantly. With leads you’ll spend $550 to $700 weekly to write $4,000 and have an easier time doing it.

If you’re trying to make a living at Final Expense without Leads you’re gonna end up being a Final Expense customer when you retire.

Thank you.

Exactly why it's hard to make it part time in this business.
The best way to increase your chances for success is to...

A. Work a weekly amount of direct mail leads
B. Travel to different areas. You will notice that some areas/communities are easier to sell in but the persistency and placement are lower than areas that are harder to sell in.
C. Find your way and push through the learning curve.

Final expense is the wrong industry to do a part time push. Your experience is the exact reason why I try to avoid working with agents that aren't "all in".

Happy Hunting!

Latest posts

Back