The highly requested update on my experience with FE thus far...

MaxReader, who is your IMO and what do they say your "issue" might be.

Thanks for your honesty. There are more agents in your boat than those that are "kiiling it".

Alot of it has to due with the group your working with.

Yes.

Thanks everyone for their feedback. I really appreciate the input. My FE videos have been taken down until I give some further thought to my plans.

This a great forum, and I appreciate everyone's candid insight.
you could tell us things on here without vids!! anywho, I agree with jd easy and all these guys about leads and FULL TIME success. If, and I mean IF, max were to go full time, yes, he would want to spend a grand on leads to make 4000. yes, that makes sense. but he told us no, he wants to basically just do Saturdays. so spending full time type cash on leads does not make sense for him. He really only needs about 2-4 names a week. not hard to get those by knocking doors, referrals and word of mouth. this I know cause I work part time. am I successful? depends upon how you guys define it. probably not by your standards.

Not all agents want to go out and write 18 billion dollars per year in FE. Some are content with making 30-40k from cold canvassing, market surveys, aged DM leads, senior centers and more. Those agents do not agitate me at all. They set a goal and go work hard to hit it. It is commendable in my opinion. Everyone measures success differently. In Mississippi, 30k will get you a LONG ways. Everyone's why is different. I have an older gentlemen as an agent and he just LOVES going out and talking with the people. He writes $1,200 to $1,500 on a weekly basis and couldn't be happier.

I say if an agent is happy with what they are doing, by all means keep after it! But if you are planning to make $4,000 per week each and every week only working on Saturdays...it just ain't gonna happen!

Not all agents want to go out and write 18 billion dollars per year in FE. Some are content with making 30-40k from cold canvassing, market surveys, aged DM leads, senior centers and more. Those agents do not agitate me at all. They set a goal and go work hard to hit it. It is commendable in my opinion. Everyone measures success differently. In Mississippi, 30k will get you a LONG ways. Everyone's why is different. I have an older gentlemen as an agent and he just LOVES going out and talking with the people. He writes $1,200 to $1,500 on a weekly basis and couldn't be happier.

I say if an agent is happy with what they are doing, by all means keep after it! But if you are planning to make $4,000 per week each and every week only working on Saturdays...it just ain't gonna happen!
this is correct. I am an older gentleman now. I feel 14- sometimes. sometimes I feel like I'm 80. I gotta admit I am getting older. and I have another business besides insurance. so I do it because I like it, and not to get rich. max might want to adopt a retired person's attitude with this. oh here's another part of the equation. if possible, max might want to go "as earned". that way there is no huge losses if somebody cancels or drops it after a few months. so he is not getting advanced thousands and is not laying out thousands to have leads. it makes sense to me.

I've mentioned that if I see FE agents working inner city neighborhoods in Dallas, they never seem to last long. There's a reason most of the people there have home service policies. But if you're selling leads on a price-per-lead arrangement, it's a lot easier to get responses from those neighborhoods, so the marketer's ROI looks better. It's also easier to get sales off of those leads, but then they don't stick. I think IMO's who put newbies in those areas are doing them a grave disservice! (But in a weird way, it benefits me! Those clients that go nsf after a couple months become inventory for me!) I suspect that may be what's happened to the OP.

I've mentioned that if I see FE agents working inner city neighborhoods in Dallas, they never seem to last long. There's a reason most of the people there have home service policies. But if you're selling leads on a price-per-lead arrangement, it's a lot easier to get responses from those neighborhoods, so the marketer's ROI looks better. It's also easier to get sales off of those leads, but then they don't stick. I think IMO's who put newbies in those areas are doing them a grave disservice! (But in a weird way, it benefits me! Those clients that go nsf after a couple months become inventory for me!) I suspect that may be what's happened to the OP.

When it comes to territory, here's the problem.

Most managers ask the agent, " So where do you want to work?"
And when the manager says, "Well, it's going to be better for you if you sell a couple of counties away."
The agent's say, "Well, do I have to? I don't want to drive all over the place."

Interesting enough, no one suggested that I drive away from Fort Lauderdale when we got into FE sales. We learned quickly that our area was bad and accepted that traveling is often the best way to make it in our business.

Trying to say that independent final expense doesn’t work in an urban area is just crazy talk.

Back