The Secret To Making Money in Final Expense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Secret To Making $$$ in Final Expense

I think it is something that an individual agent would have to weigh out. I agree with you on the guaranteed cost, nice taking the gamble out of your direct mail program, but where the threshold is as far as how much someone is willing to give up for that, depends on the individual. I think motivation and stick-to-it-ness plays into the equation as well. Someone that is a "go getter" and wanting to really produce at a high level will most likely do better with a higher contract while assuming the lead expense themselves.

It comes back to what the agent currently has in terms of contract and productions level, and what they use to compare against.

We all know that there are no freebie's around here, and if someone is subsidising your leads, you are ultimately paying for it, one way or another. That is not always bad though depending on the individual.

When I started in FE I was on an 85 pt contract AND buying all my own leads (they were financed, but not subsidized). I look at that now and think, "How the hell did I make that work, I should be homeless right now."

I have worked two dialer campaigns in all my years. Feb 08 and Feb 07 (Why Feb?, I have no idea, maybe b/c it gets too damn cold in Iowa to knock on an empty door) They were decent leads, a little younger and poorer than my usual, but they bought still. I am direct mail guy all the way. I usually drop 12,000-15,000 pieces a month, regularly and on schedule.

what company do you rely on for your Direct Mailings? and what are your returns?

Is Anyone Familiar With "Insured Life Of Georgia"?

They are offering me a package deal with contract & free apointments set for me each and every week!

Just wanted to keep from making a mistake by joining up with them!

Thanks for any help,
Dan

As long as they will allow you to remain an independent agent - what do you have to lose?

I talked to a guy from EFES I am currently on anywhere from a 115% to a 120% contract buying my leads I thought I would look into EFES do to all the good pub they have on here. With proof of production I was offered 90% and $25 per lead and if I get to $50k of production monthly he would up my contract to 100% and $15 to $18 leads...LOL!!! no thanks

I talked to a guy from EFES I am currently on anywhere from a 115% to a 120% contract buying my leads I thought I would look into EFES do to all the good pub they have on here. With proof of production I was offered 90% and $25 per lead and if I get to $50k of production monthly he would up my contract to 100% and $15 to $18 leads...LOL!!! no thanks

I believe your story but that guy/gal was full of shat! The manager does move your cost of leads. You do that yourself with production. You can move to $11 leads and it doesn't take anywhere near $50,000/mo of production to get there.

Moving the contract level is up to the manager. Doesn't take $50,000/mo to get to 100% though.

LOL he is insane if he thinks im going to move my contract to him with 30% less and still pay $23 to $25 for leads he should have been straight up and said If you prove production I will get you 100% and start you at $18 a lead with a chance to go to $11 I would have considered it to get the lead flow with no risk on my own mailers.

Last edited:
Ok fellas. Maybe someone can help me out. I'm a licensed agent selling, or rather I should say, trying to sell Final Expense. I understand that a steady flow of fresh leads is the best way to go, and I agree with that. My problem however, is that
my money is super tight right now and I simply lack the funds to really invest in my company's lead system. $22 for top rated leads is pretty steep for me. How can I gain leads inexpensively. To tell you the truth, $15 per lead sounds pretty steep too. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance. :1baffled:

As Rick Blaine says -- knock on 30 doors a day, 5 days a week, and fight to see 15 people.

You should be able to sell a handful of policies weekly, enough to create a capital account to invest in marketing.

Otherwise, team up with an IMO that offers cheap-o aged leads.

Ok fellas. Maybe someone can help me out. I'm a licensed agent selling, or rather I should say, trying to sell Final Expense. I understand that a steady flow of fresh leads is the best way to go, and I agree with that. My problem however, is that
my money is super tight right now and I simply lack the funds to really invest in my company's lead system. $22 for top rated leads is pretty steep for me. How can I gain leads inexpensively. To tell you the truth, $15 per lead sounds pretty steep too. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance. :1baffled:

See Josh for a list. Get 1,000 names for $69. Tell him they are for door knocking. Get ages 60 to 75 with income up to 50K. Then go out and knock each door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back