The Secret To Making Money in Final Expense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't really think it is a secret. Everyones knows, but they don't know how to get there??? But....

The Secret to being successful in final expense… Drum roll… “A constant steady flow of new leads.” That is the biggest hurdle to overcome on the path to making money selling Final Expense. I will stipulate that if you have any ability to sell that helps also, but not as important as a “steady flow of new fresh leads!”

Most agents purchase between 1K - 2,000 direct mailers; wait 3 weeks for them to come back. Work them for another two weeks and then maybe mail some more, hoping to get 3X return on their investment. There is nothing wrong with this, but just imagine if you had 20-25 new fresh leads every week!!! Those are the folks that are writing $150,000 to $300,000 in annual premium a year.

When I speak to agents I ask them “How much do you want to make?” For example if they tell me $3,000 a week. I explain to them that to write $3,000 in AP you need to sell 4-6 policies on the average. The next thing is figure out how many “belly to belly” presentations you need to give, to sell 4-6 policies. I would say 12-15 presentations. The next thing is how many leads do you need to get 12-15 presentations? (Husband & Wife count as 2 presentations) 20-25 lead cards…

Those ratio’s are just guides to help you understand what it takes to get to the amount of money you want to make. Obviously if you have a good presentation and good with people those same numbers could earn you more sales, and $4000 - $6000 a week or more. That was just an example to get your mind thinking in the right direction.

Now here is the dilemma, how do you get 20-25 leads a week? Well you could mail out 2000 lead pieces every week, however by the time you get your 1st card back from you first drop you will be over $2,000 in the hole. Because you would have had to mail week 2, and week 3, to make sure you have a continuous flow of leads. The cards from you first mailing would not be coming in until after week 3. This is the way I do it or should I say used to do it. However it took a while to build myself up to that point. When I first started if someone would have told me to mail 2,000 leads a week every week I would have laughed and found something else to do.

The point of my post is this… Shortly after I began offering Royal Neighbors contracts and agents started contacting me I quickly realized that most of these agents are dying on the vine because they have no “lead system” or any way of seeing enough people to make any real money. You could have the biggest contracts out there, but if you have no leads you will go broke.

After being asked several times I have decided to help Equita in training/support of agents in regards to their final expense products. They offer the lowest price lead with the highest commission % of all other marketers I have found. They provide direct mail leads (that say Final Expense Life Insurance on the card) for $15 and as low as $8. You are still 100% vested even your renewals, you own your business, and commissions are all paid direct to you from the company. You still are Independent.

I would be happy to discuss this program and even debate it with you guys. This is not only for new guys, but also for guys who have been around for a while and want to take it to the next level of income production. If you folks have read my post, and especially the ones I have spoken to on the phone can vouch that I am a straight shooter, and not trying to BS anyone into something I don’t think is a real opportunity. I have written over $25,000 in Annual Premium this month (September) and it is mostly due to having a steady flow of fresh leads. Believe me if I can do it, anybody can do it.

If you guys are interested in getting into a program with training and support by yours truly, and being able to write companies like Royal Neighbors, Shenandoah, American Amicable, Oxford, Americo, ect. And getting 25 new fresh direct mail leads for the cost of a 1,000 mailers (Avg return 1-1.4%) send me an email, or PM.

Thanks, Travis
[email protected]

I love this model. Travis, you were so spot on. Too bad leads aren't as cheap as they were or as easy to produce as they were back then...

I love this model. Travis, you were so spot on. Too bad leads aren't as cheap as they were or as easy to produce as they were back then...

It really hasn't changed so much. Rates are now bigger. Commissions are bigger. Leads cost more than $8 but plenty of great sources of leads all competing for biz. The agents that spend the $$$ are knocking it out of the park.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It really hasn't changed so much. Rates are now bigger. Commissions are bigger. Leads cost more than $8 but plenty of great sources of leads all competing for biz. The agents that spend the $$$ are knocking it out of the park.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hello Newby,

I'm fairly new to the final expense industry and I'm anxious to learn as much as possible. I've read a TON of your posts on this site, and it's pretty clear that you and Travis know your stuff. I've been on your fex. ebsite and I'd like to start up with you guys. I'm an agent that isn't afraid to invest in my future. I have 2 -3 k to spend on my initial mailings, live transfer leads, ect...BUT I'm afraid of getting burned with some of the crappy lead sources out there. Once i'm contracted with your company, will you be able to direct me to some of your trusted lead sources???

Hello Newby,

I'm fairly new to the final expense industry and I'm anxious to learn as much as possible. I've read a TON of your posts on this site, and it's pretty clear that you and Travis know your stuff. I've been on your fex. ebsite and I'd like to start up with you guys. I'm an agent that isn't afraid to invest in my future. I have 2 -3 k to spend on my initial mailings, live transfer leads, ect...BUT I'm afraid of getting burned with some of the crappy lead sources out there. Once i'm contracted with your company, will you be able to direct me to some of your trusted lead sources???

As long as he don't direct you to trusted lead source (actual name of tm company)

Hello Newby, I'm fairly new to the final expense industry and I'm anxious to learn as much as possible. I've read a TON of your posts on this site, and it's pretty clear that you and Travis know your stuff. I've been on your fex. ebsite and I'd like to start up with you guys. I'm an agent that isn't afraid to invest in my future. I have 2 -3 k to spend on my initial mailings, live transfer leads, ect...BUT I'm afraid of getting burned with some of the crappy lead sources out there. Once i'm contracted with your company, will you be able to direct me to some of your trusted lead sources???

Of course we can help you. That's what we do. Just give us a call or email.

you could also sign on with one of the larger IMOs that have a lead program that offer aged leads - previous shown interest by someone that was not sold (by that IMO at least). $2-3 per lead.

you could also sign on with one of the larger IMOs that have a lead program that offer aged leads - previous shown interest by someone that was not sold (by that IMO at least). $2-3 per lead.

FEXContracting has an extensive supply of B leads agents can purchase. All while having street level or the highest contract an agent can qualify for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back