The Secret To Making Money in Final Expense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Expense Exclusively Over the Phone. Its important for agents to be licensed in multiple states so they can keep a fresh set of leads. Working from home will change the Dynamics of any Final Expense Salesperson.

This is a previous post from another thread but works well here...

Any agent that is naive enough to believe that deserves the bad experience that awaits them down that path... The only people talking about selling FE over the phone are Marketers.

I have not met, talked, or heard of an agent that is making a good consistent living selling FE over the phone... However, I have spoken with many agents that bought in to the idea, and realized quickly they had made a costly mistake.

Maybe in 20-25 years that generation will be open to making that purchase over the phone, or Internet. However the FE market (58- 80 low income procrastinating skeptics) are not a viable group to present/close/and retain FE business via marketing over the phone. The phone is a useful tool to set the appointment for a face-to-face appt.

Believe me, I wish it was true and it worked because I would be all over it.

I agree with this.

I know of a guy who was pulling in some huge numbers managing a cemetery and funeral home combo and had 5 agents under him. He got suckered into a deal where he was to build a team of "final expense over the phone" agents and he SANK over the next year.

Started out strong though.

The problem is it doesn't stay on the books. Charge-back City.

Charge Backs are part of the game, if you run the business correctly then it will do what it must. Last time I checked all of us are Marketers for the Insurance Companies, maybe I am wrong but I am sure that we are. Also I have found that people say making money in Final Expense is too hard, but the truth is that those people don't want to put in the work or time, I say the same for offering it over the phone, if you create a system it does not matter if its over the phone or in person. The Baby Boomers are very Tech Savy and understand purchasing insurance without someone in your home. I know lots of you guys are Old School face to face so just watch as the times change in front of you or become a part of them. Selling over the phone in the next few years will just get more solid and larger. Lots of younger people are getting into insurance and with that you will have a change. Lots of modern people are getting older, with that you will have a change. So I say lets not down talk something anyone is doing because at one point in time Leads didn't exist and some Agents even now, wont purchase leads they keep building business from referrals.

The point is that Times are changing and I am excited, so be excited with me and for me, wish me success but don't wish me stress.

Last edited:
I can tell by reading your post you have probably never sold one policy in your life. And I am positive you have never made a consistent living selling Final Expense insurance. You probably not even licensed. I would not even waste my time responding to your post, but since you are hijacking this thread I will show you similar courtesy.

Someday we all may vacation on the Moon, but I am not going to go out and buy a pair a space boots in preparation. Don’t tell us what you are going to do, show us what you did. You said, “Selling over the phone in the next few years will just get more solid and larger.” The problem is that most agents are in need of success today, and are not in a position to be strung along, and wait for Tech Savvy seniors to answer the phone many years from now. All while working a “system” that has never been tested or proven successful. Developed by “clueless” marketers that do not understand the Final Expense cliental of today.

However, on the other hand, with the agent success rate we have heard about selling FE over the phone. I am glad programs like yours exist because it does thin the heard of Final Expense agents. Keep up the good work!!!

Last edited:
People who want to lose weight will buy any "system" that doesn't tell them to eat less and exercise more. Same with sales.

Selling by phone is getting worse in my experience, not better. More and more people have caller ID, call screeners, do not call lists etc.

If selling by phone was a good option, don't you think we would all embrace it?

In the real world, the sales that are placed by phone are NOT great business. The carriers know that people are more likely to lie over the phone than in person so the best carriers don't allow phone sales. People who buy over the phone are less loyal so they will drop the policy as soon as another agent shows them a better deal. AND the biggest problem, you do NOT develop the personal relationship with them over the phone so you will NOT the number of referrals or cross-sales over the phone than you will in person.

I'm not trying to convince you not to try it. But I hate to see you try to convince the hundreds of newbys that read these posts to try it over the regular old tried and true method of insurance sales that works.

I've been called by hundreds of agents off this forum and most of them are brand new and desperate. And many have been ripped off or mislead into buying something or signing up for a false promise.

It's a reason I quit signing up agents real quickly after I started. I don't want to deal with them. It's obvious how to be a success in insurance. Get up early every day and GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND SEE PEOPLE. That's not the answer most people are looking for. And they will get ripped off buying into someone's "system."

I can tell by reading your post you have probably never sold one policy in your life. And I am positive you have never made a consistent living selling Final Expense insurance. You probably not even licensed. I would not even waste my time responding to your post, but since you are hijacking this thread I will show you similar courtesy.

Someday we all may vacation on the Moon, but I am not going to go out and buy a pair a space boots in preparation. Don’t tell us what you are going to do, show us what you did. You said, “Selling over the phone in the next few years will just get more solid and larger.” The problem is that most agents are in need of success today, and are not in a position to be strung along, and wait for Tech Savvy seniors to answer the phone many years from now. All while working a “system” that has never been tested or proven successful. Developed by “clueless” marketers that do not understand the Final Expense cliental of today.

However, on the other hand, with the agent success rate we have heard about selling FE over the phone. I am glad programs like yours exist because it does thin the heard of Final Expense agents. Keep up the good work!!!

Yeah, but, how do you really feel about it??:1confused:

HoosierDaddy and Newby you guys are like IBM and I am Bill Gates, one of us can only see whats in front of them and the other can see the Future.

See You Guys at the Top!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back