Tips for new agents on ride-alongs

I've been on plenty of appointments where I have wanted to crawl out the window. Some were on a high floor and I wouldn't survive the fall but still seemed worth it at the time.:biggrin:
Seriously though the strategy I use is I always have my next appointment lead sheets with me, I just point at the lead and politely say I really must get going my next appointment is in 10 minutes and it's 20 minutes away.

With you focused on personal production, how do you support agents when they call you and need support ?

That’s a good question. I know I ran into that problem with a former IMO. Only training was an awesome conference call on Fridays. Texts and phone calls during the week were pointless.

I know that’s one of the reasons why Brandon Smotherman and I partnered up. He’s a $$350-400/yr producer that still talks to our agents daily to teach them how to replicate his system.

I’m more in the back office to take calls in the House, answer UW questions, admin stuff, building out our centralized training platform, putting out fires etc.

I’m nowhere near as good as Brandon, but I was in the field selling Final Expense for 7 years.

It’s a good arrangement for everyone involved. Our agents really like it.

With you focused on personal production, how do you support agents when they call you and need support ?

Only in the field 2-3 days per week. Ridealongs during those days, and it's not just me, its my partner also. If I were a new agent I would want to learn from someone that is out selling not behind a desk.

I know that’s one of the reasons why Brandon Smotherman and I partnered up. He’s a $$350-400/yr producer that still talks to our agents daily to teach them how to replicate his system.

I’m more in the back office to take calls in the House, answer UW questions, admin stuff, building out our centralized training platform, putting out fires etc.

I’m nowhere near as good as Brandon, but I was in the field selling Final Expense for 7 years.

So if Brandon is out in the field you can impart your knowledge and if it is something that is better handled by Brandon you pass that along to Brandon and follow up with them ?

Back