Tips for new agents on ride-alongs

Some may call it hype, some may call it lies.

Ok I try to refrain from getting into mudslinging which makes it difficult to visit this place super often (After all this thread was supposed to be about ride alongs haha). It's just unimpressive overall when you have to tear someone else down to make yourself look good. I'm not perfect at that, but I try my best.

You sure do seem obsessed with us though. You have moles taking screenshots of our leaderboard for you and all lol. But since you insist on following me around the internet AND now you've nominated yourself as the banner of truth along with your bud from 360 I'll guess I'll take the bait.

I haven't done 400k EVERY year. It's just a killer schedule. I've done right at 400k several years though. Again, I'm not trying to do that anymore at this point in my career though as we are team building and coaching agents. Yes you did 500k, which is way more impressive. I salute you!

But since it seems important for you to set the record straight it's also relevant for everyone here to see some of your recent background as you seem pretty committed to the "truth".

So other than your self profession of being God's gift to the insurance world there's this:

1. You contacted Ben's agents behind his back to lure them to you. All the while he was helping you and hosting your training calls. As a matter of fact, you credited his blitz and personal training with you for your "best year in the history of FE". I'm personal friends with one of the first guys you did that with from One Life, John in SC. The conversation went something like, "Hey John I'll give you more points w SNL if you come join the "SQUAD" and leave Ben". You lost a good chunk of agents last year from that smooth strategy.

2. You and I had a conversation on the beach while on the Trinity trip a few years ago. Remember that? Something like you were going to use Matt Lowery to recruit agents to you. Funny, you recently said somewhere that a good recruiter would never need help from someone else. But I digress, you did have him send you agents but YOU NEVER PAID HIM according to the deal smh. That's why he put the breaks on you with the FEX University website. Then when your agents asked you for some recruiting advise you said all you know is to pitch in together to get a zip recruiter ad.

3. According to you, you built Peter from the ground up as though he wasn't already a top notch businessman. You must have impressed yourself though because you asked him to train a bunch of agents in TX but you screwed him over on your handshake deal as well. Those agents left you too once they found this out. You also told him to tell those agents that you/him didn't use lead filters (which was a lie) so you could cram more agents into the area.

4. Now you're also a self proclaimed medicare expert. You even have your own call center. Funny though, when I asked you about it last year you said we needed to wait on it because you were having a "local buddy" teach you what Medicare Advantage is all about.

5. I have a personal friend, who's killing it at FE and Medicare who left you last year. Someone told him that he was being screwed by you since you put him on 70 point contracts all while he was buying $30 leads from you. I'm sure you thought it was kosher though since he didn't know about the forums. It was probably just an oversight.

6. You got a couple of appointment setters for your team. That was great but I thought $18 per appointment was pretty steep. You weren't completely up front though as we found out later you were skimming $3 off the top of each agent per appointment. So if it's not enough for you to tell agents they need to buy 40-50 direct mail leads every week at $30-$35 a pop ($1500ish per week) for "your system" you set up an appointment scheme to take even more of their money.

Please stop following me around and take me off your website.

Too many lies to even begin to address. We call this FAKE NEWS.

You do have about 10-15% correct. But not near enough to have an intelligent or worthwhile conversation with you about it because you are so far away from the truth it would be pointless to entertain.

Last edited:
Some may call it hype, some may call it lies.
Just curious.. How do you know you are the only agent to write over $500K FE with their own pen in a year's time? Many agents write for several companies so there is no way a company can verify that.... And, just because EFES or whatever IMO never had an agent to do it, there are many agents that use multiple IMOs so they can't actually verify that it had never been done before.. You can only say for sure that you have done it.. There is no way to say for sure that you are the only one... that is hype..

Too many lies to even begin to address. We call this FAKE NEWS.

You do have about 10-15% correct. But not near enough to have an intelligent or worthwhile conversation with you about it because you are so far away from the truth it would be pointless to entertain.
I was thinking that when Brandon came aboard The Squad, that you posted a video of him at his previous FMO, and mentioned that he did $350K? :unsure:

Just curious.. How do you know you are the only agent to write over $500K FE with their own pen in a year's time? Many agents write for several companies so there is no way a company can verify that.... And, just because EFES or whatever IMO never had an agent to do it, there are many agents that use multiple IMOs so they can't actually verify that it had never been done before.. You can only say for sure that you have done it.. There is no way to say for sure that you are the only one... that is hype..
Just received a private message that I am quoting things that Matt has never said.. I took this from his website where this was posted:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matt Mungia is best known as the only insurance agent to write over 500,000 in annual premium Final Expense Life Insurance business from his own pen, in a single year.

Example of why you don't post reviews in areas that you do not have control of being able to change or remove them.
I don't understand why Matt's website features 2 agents that haven't been with him for what...a year. If it were me, I'd have taken Peter and Brandon off of there as soon as they left.

Why would that need to be a private message

Just received a private message that I am quoting things that Matt has never said.. I took this from his website where this was posted:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matt Mungia is best known as the only insurance agent to write over 500,000 in annual premium Final Expense Life Insurance business from his own pen, in a single year.

Back