Tips for new agents on ride-alongs

If I were a new agent I would want to learn from someone that is out selling not behind a desk.

I hear what you are saying. The issue can be the person can't handle your questions if they are out selling. I know the ride alongs are good. But after that how is the help handled.

Also, there is value from people that sit behind a desk as they take calls from agents all over the country and learn lots of things that can sometimes help and be passed along.

So if Brandon is out in the field you can impart your knowledge and if it is something that is better handled by Brandon you pass that along to Brandon and follow up with them ?

Yes. We both share in training duties, but he handles the bulk of that. All recordings of scripts/presentations get emailed to Brandon and I. We both critique.

Quizzes/tests for each section of our training go to me so that I can grade and go over with agent.

Then agents schedule multiple times to role play scripts/presentation with Brandon one on one. If desired, they will also schedule a time to ride along for a few days with Brandon.

More technical explanations on topics such as replacements and RPU is handled by both of us, but while it is taught at the beginning, agents usually need some hand holding in the house at the beginning. I take those calls.

Agents usually call me when they run into phone/door/presentation objections. I will answer those but usually recommend they go to Brandon.

I also handle putting out most fires with carriers, UW, amendments.

It is a good thing for somebody to be out of the field for newer agents that many times just don’t know what they don’t know.

I think the traning systems in play need to be PROVEN to be duplicatable. Everywhere you turn these days on the internet there is a new Final Expense “trainer/mentor” available to “help you”. The question new agents need to be asking these new trainers is for the trainer to “NAME THE TOP 5 AGENTS THEY HAVE TRAINED AND WHAT WERE THOSE AGENTS BEST YEAR IN AP”. That’s when you will hear crickets more often than not. All the other stuff is fluff.

Just my opinion

Yes. We both share in training duties, but he handles the bulk of that. All recordings of scripts/presentations get emailed to Brandon and I. We both critique.

Quizzes/tests for each section of our training go to me so that I can grade and go over with agent.

Then agents schedule multiple times to role play scripts/presentation with Brandon one on one. If desired, they will also schedule a time to ride along for a few days with Brandon.

More technical explanations on topics such as replacements and RPU is handled by both of us, but while it is taught at the beginning, agents usually need some hand holding in the house at the beginning. I take those calls.

Agents usually call me when they run into phone/door/presentation objections. I will answer those but usually recommend they go to Brandon.

I also handle putting out most fires with carriers, UW, amendments.

It is a good thing for somebody to be out of the field for newer agents that many times just don’t know what they don’t know.
How can you handle amendments if you aren't the writing agent? Do you drive to client houses and get them signed?

I think the traning systems in play need to be PROVEN to be duplicatable. Everywhere you turn these days on the internet there is a new Final Expense “trainer/mentor” available to “help you”. The question new agents need to be asking these new trainers is for the trainer to “NAME THE TOP 5 AGENTS THEY HAVE TRAINED AND WHAT WERE THOSE AGENTS BEST YEAR IN AP”. That’s when you will hear crickets more often than not. All the other stuff is fluff.

Just my opinion

We don’t require our agents to purchase 40-50 leads a week. What is that? A $3600-$4800 commitment up front?

That can work for elite agents who are already doing well do better. Of course those guys will write more AP.

We start with agents who are a little less seasoned. Our agents can start with a few hundred dollars vs a few thousand.

Annual premium is obviously important. We all want agents writing $20,000+. We have those already. Even though Brandon and I only teamed up and starting offering our platform back in March.

What I do know is whether the agent is taking 15 leads or 25 leads (we have a few upping their orders to 35+ as we speak), the agents that have completed our training have PPLs in the 150-200 range.

So even one of our part time agent (in Florida of all places) can write $10,000-$12,000 off 15 leads a month.

Agents that try to reinvent the wheel and/or do it their own way have a poor success rate. Agents that have 100% gone through our training platform are excelling.

How can you handle amendments if you aren't the writing agent? Do you drive to client houses and get them signed?

How to handle them. Mainly when it comes to Trans. Really on how to prevent. All our agents send me their trans apps for scrubbing before submission.

HoosierLife, I don’t wanna go back and forth. I just don’t understand why the need for all the embellishments. Brandon was with us up until about a year ago. He did just shy of 300K with us (we have the numbers). That’s a GREAT number. Why exaggerate and say he “writes 400k consistently for years” all over the internet when it’s simply not true? It’s public record the #1 efes agent was Tony D. and he did about 280k. So how’s it possible for Brandon to do 400k last year? Just say Brandon does 250-275k per year. It’s still a stellar number.

Someone sent me your LinkedIn profile where you called yourself “the #1 FE trainer in America”. Again, why? I’m sure y’all have a couple of good agents but what warrants that title?

There’s too much fluff going on these days was my point. At the end of the day RESULTS is what agents want.

HoosierLife, I don’t wanna go back and forth. I just don’t understand why the need for all the embellishments. Brandon was with us up until about a year ago. He did just shy of 300K with us (we have the numbers). That’s a GREAT number. Why exaggerate and say he “writes 400k consistently for years” all over the internet when it’s simply not true? It’s public record the #1 efes agent was Tony D. and he did about 280k. So how’s it possible for Brandon to do 400k last year? Just say Brandon does 250-275k per year. It’s still a stellar number.

Someone sent me your LinkedIn profile where you called yourself “the #1 FE trainer in America”. Again, why? I’m sure y’all have a couple of good agents but what warrants that title?

There’s too much fluff going on these days was my point. At the end of the day RESULTS is what agents want.
In the personal development industry , Tony Robbins et al, it is all about the hype.. Why should it be any different in the FE industry? :unsure:

Back