Tips for new agents on ride-alongs

I just started watching Deadwood again.

In the first episode there is about to be a lynching so instead the sheriff hangs the guy, with a short rope, himself. Then it shows the sheriff riding into a rag tag western Sodom and Gomorrah of gold miners. But now he wants to mine the unwashed miners.

Deadwood is a rough and tumble place. Where most of the miners never make it and many are killed or just die. The town is filled with Prostitutes, Pimps, robbers and various other vendors mining the miners.

Just saying

Seems everyone wants to be Swerigin. Travis Tubbs avatar.

Last edited:
I just started watching Deadwood again.

In the first episode there is about to be a lynching so instead the sheriff hangs the guy, with a short rope, himself. Then it shows the sheriff riding into a rag tag western Sodom and Gomorrah of gold miners. But now he wants to mine the unwashed miners.

Deadwood is a rough and tumble place. Where most of the miners never make it and many are killed or just die. The town is filled with Prostitutes, Pimps, robbers and various other vendors mining the miners.

Just saying

Seems everyone wants to be Swerigin. Travis Tubbs avatar.
:twitchy:

I understand your pretty much learning the life of an agent. Making calls in between appointments, how to hold your at an appointment. stuff like that.
The worst thing to do is to develop a bad habit. Ride with someone who is doing it textbook. You will see that everyone has their own quirks but the successful producers have a good system and as much as people say they have a "different system" we all pretty much do the same stuff. You don't want to be 2-3 months in the business and find out you were doing something incorrectly and nothing replicates sitting in a home with a good producer.

This forum has a lot of people that give out contracts cross country so they will probably disagree but ask all the best people how they started. I guarantee they were in the car with someone.

Just curious.. How do you know you are the only agent to write over $500K FE with their own pen in a year's time? Many agents write for several companies so there is no way a company can verify that.... And, just because EFES or whatever IMO never had an agent to do it, there are many agents that use multiple IMOs so they can't actually verify that it had never been done before.. You can only say for sure that you have done it.. There is no way to say for sure that you are the only one... that is hype..

This is where we need jd's input, he knows all our numbers.

Back