To Blog or Not To Blog ?

There is no faster or easier way to add new content to your website. And search engines love new content.

Search engines can't read a website like people can. One of the key components of SEO success is having new and updated content on your site.

A search engine algorithm assumes that all else being equal new information is better than old information and that constantly updated information is best of all.

Blogging isn't the only way to add new content to your site. It is just the easiest and quickest.

And here is a shameless plug if you want to learn more about blogging (it is a site I started):

About Blogging for Bloggers : Blogger Forum

Interesting... I have a simple question, just out of curiousity

Why would one start such a site...? Is it a for-profit venture...? A passion...? Otherwise...? Hope profitable but, but much of "Al Gores Invention" is still way over my pea-brained head... and I struggle daily to catch up... It reminds of being out of school for weeks sick, and going back after missing loads of info, and never catching up.

Thanks for posting the site, as maybe I can spend some time reading there and make some sense of the blog thing, which currently I only know what one is (barely).

It was started back in the day. That is, before Google owned Blogger. Those were happier, close-knit, times.

It was for fun, but it makes a bit of money.

Blogging in those days was about the art of blogging. Now it is all about money. Trouble is, nobody is going to make money throwing up a cheese sandwich blog. "I had a cheese sandwich for lunch today. Do you like cheese?" You know, one of those personal blogs that nobody on earth will ever care about.

Blogging is good for many reasons as part of a business site. It adds content and search engines generally like frequently updated material.

Thanks for the info... I can see the benefit to a blog... but is there a Step 1,2,3 to getting one started... simplified, for neophites like me...? Thanks again for the spoon feeding...

Simplest route to getting one started and your feet wet is to start a blog at Blogger.com

They walk you through the process and host your blog at BlogSpot. It is all fee and easy. If you want, you can then expand to something more elaborate.

Wordpress is probably my favorite blog platform. There is more of a learning curve than Blogger and you need a host. Or, you can use the Wordpress host. Wordpress itself is free and open source with many, many templates you can choose to dress up your blog. I have seen quite a few insurance templates (themes) some of which were free.

Blogs are like everyone else has said, A great way to make a dynamic site, and also bring in clients and customers.

I am working up a blog to tie into my site also at this time.

Back