To Blog or Not To Blog ?

could someone explain "twitter" to me. I don't get it at all. It seems like its just an "away message" like on aim, or a "status message" like on facebook. Whats the point? Someone help me understand.

A lot of bloggers use twitter to let everyone know they posted a blog. With certain widgets and the click of a button, it will automatically update your twitter page with a link to your blog. Bloggers use it to build their reader base in short.

There are several comments here about being careful not to offend anybody in your blogs. Certainly good advice to not make your prospects mad at you, but I'd argue that being honest and authentic in your writing will always beat being salesie or sounding like you're marketing. If you can use your blog to show people that you're a human, that you have opinions, and that you care, they'll begin to feel like they have a relationship with you.

This is a totally different industry, but I read about a man today who started a one-person software company five months ago and just passed $100k in sales. His biggest source of PR (and thus his sales) was his blog, where he's completely transparent about his company, his goals, and even his financials. You can see the article at www readwriteweb.com/archives/man_writes_software_blogs_abou.php

well, i just launched a blog on wordpress. I had previously used another blog site, but I like what I've seen so far today on wordpress. I have put a few of my articles on there so far, and will be adding more to it tonight, or this morning, whatever it is now. haha.

haha, very nice. do you get many views on your blog? I am putting my articles on mine just to get some content up there, but will probably start writing a bit more "relaxed" posts on a day to day basis.

wow, looks like the person even left comments for themself with even more keywords. thats nuts. there is no usefull information at all on that page.

prime example of seo gone WRONG. even with a good SE ranking, you still need content for your viewers.

Back