To Blog or Not To Blog ?

I need to work more on my blog. I'll wait before posting a link on here! :-)

Go ahead and post your blog I-I-A... A neophite (at blogs) like me will think it is great... and frankly, I would rather see a raw start-up, then see your progress later, than waiting to see what everyone elses look like, after you get it all snazzed up... Go ahead and post the link, and maybe I can learn sumthin here... Thanks.

If you want to see an example of what I consider a good blog design, take a look at one I did and then kind of let it die in the water. I think I depressed myself too much.

Now, there is a very good lesson to be learned here. Probably 95% of blogs end up dead like this one. People are all enthusiastic at first and post nearly every day. Then it becomes a chore. Then it becomes boring. And then it just sits out there in cyberspace like space dust. There are something like 8 million dead blogs.

Originally this was going to be a feeder for a commercial site (cross-linked), but the other site did not work out, so this one lost it's purpose.

Tough Times

This message popped up when I clicked on that link:

McAfee has automatically blocked and removed a Trojan.
About this Trojan
Detected: VBS/Psyme (Trojan)
Location: C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\XCF80VV5\wp-stats[1].htm
Trojans appear as legitimate programs but can damage valuable files, disrupt performance, and allow unauthorized access to your compute

Google Chrome did something similar. That is the problem when you don't visit your own site. Someone apparently used the Wordpress comment system or somehow hacked the site to put in some malware.

WordPress did have some problems with security holes.

I guess now I have to go fix it.

Back