Transamerica commissions

What blows my mind about them is they'll spend $1.60 sending me a notice in the mail about one of my clients missing a payment but they won't send me an email. :goofy:

I have told them many times that I could save them millions a year by simply getting them to stop sending everything through the mail, which by the time you get it, it's too late to do anything anyway.

I got a call one day and they wanted me to tell them everything I liked and don't like. It took me a few minutes to talk about the things I liked. I'm not sure I ever got off the subject of the mail once I got on it! Told the guy they I was so sorry for going off like I was, but he said that is what the phone call was for. Has anything changed? Not one thing that I can see.

There is such a love/hate relationship with them!

I wouldn't be surprised if they spend a million a month on postage.

Columbian probably spends more. I wrote 2 of the younger GI policies with them 6-7 years ago. Haven’t written anything since. There is not a week that goes by that I don’t receive something in the mail from them.

Is it just me or have any of you noticed your renewal commissions with Transamerica going down? I switched from a nine month advance to a six month advance several years ago and my as earns have been substantially lower just within the last couple of months. When you think those will be increasing? Maybe I’m missing something here but I’m curious if anybody else is noticing the same issues?

I agree. It’s very frustrating. I was on the phone with the rep for over an hour and I still could not explain I’m getting majorly ripped off here. At least that’s what I’m saying. Anyone else notice anything? On their statements? I’m worried about what this months going to show

I use to think it was....

New business month 10-12 divided by 12 + any as earned/back end.

Now i’m told its a percentage of that w/premium received.

aka it makes no sense

Back