Trump ends CSR subsidies

Accidental hypocrisy, or is this irony? (Or stupidity and ignorance?)
Trump thought he was hurting the law, turns out he made it cheaper and better for many.
Libs blamed Trump for this CSR decision, and now are loving the results, and want to keep status quo.
Proof that neither party understood how the law works.

Liberal group says CSRs will harm enrollees | BenefitsPRO

According to the report, the analysis has found that because of the way the health care law is structured, funding the CSRs at this point would subject policyholders to higher premiums. After Trump canceled the CSRs last October, insurers set higher premium rates to compensate, and as a result the subsidies paid to lower-income ACA enrollees so that they could afford coverage went up.

But if the CSRs are funded after all, the subsidies would go down, thus putting policyholders on the hook to pay higher premiums.

I doubt there is anyone in DC that really understands most of what they try to legislate. Anyone with just a couple of years in the health insurance business knew #Obamacare was doomed to crash and burn.

Had a "discussion" with a liberal today who wanted to know what I thought about the "Affordable" Care Act.

I don't think she liked my answer.

And no, it wasn't kgmom . . .

Back