UCT Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan

If the percentage was as low as you thought cancer insurance would be priced like accidental death. LOL

Well I suppose there is a difference between those in ages 55 to 64 that I know, who are diagnosed with CA versus those that die from acc death. My perception is that the stats are not 1 in 4, but maybe more like 1 in 8 or 10... I said nothing about a correlation to accidental death, and nothing about pricing of CA plans, for that matter. Just expressed an opinion based on those that I know in that age bracket who have been diagnosed.

Well I suppose there is a difference between those in ages 55 to 64 that I know, who are diagnosed with CA versus those that die from acc death. My perception is that the stats are not 1 in 4, but maybe more like 1 in 8 or 10... I said nothing about a correlation to accidental death, and nothing about pricing of CA plans, for that matter. Just expressed an opinion based on those that I know in that age bracket who have been diagnosed.

I know you didn't, just being funny, or trying. LOL.

Again, regardless of stats I go back to this: Try to tell a family with a 10K HSA plan, whose wife has just been diagnosed with breast cancer in November, that their 10K deductible is really 20K come January 1st of next year. Tell a family like this that a supplemental cancer plan isn't valuable when they are going to have to cough up 20K in the matter of two or three months to pay for outpatient chemo. I used to not believe in these additional "appliance warranty plans", but the longer I am around indie health...the more I think about ways of selling cancer or full CI plans. There is a value, and an urgency in presenting them. More urgency, and worse statistics than LIFE insurance by the way.

Not saying it is or isn't accurate, but "1 out of 3" that I have seen refers to over your lifetime and does not specify what type of cancer.

Similar promotions are used for disability where the line is "80% chance of disability before age 65". Or "40% chance of staying in a nursing home".

Define disability.

If I sprain my ankle playing church softball and can't walk on that ankle for a couple of days am I disabled? If I have a 48 hour bug that causes me to miss work for 2 days am I disabled?

Marketers play games with numbers to make the sale.

Most of these stats from carriers are likely complete fabrications. I remember the Mega Life brochure stating that average room and board was under $200 a day. Really.

Stats are so general. I added a lot to life policies back when I did mortgage protection. I told clients to look at their family history, if they have it add it, if they don't skip it. My family history is so full of cancer it's more like when then if. That's why I smoke light cigarettes.

JK...don't smoke. lol

I've got 5 sales out of 40 leads so far and 15 or so I haven't contacted yet. 1 med adv. 3 GTL med adv. 1 cancer plan. Most people not impressed with dental plans neither am I. I thought I would try something different since I haven't been able to pull 1/2 % return on mailers in this area.

I used Kramer dental , vision, hearing mailer ages 55-75 $ 25,000 plus income.

The next round of leads I'm going to door knock I do better face to face. I keep you posted on results. Probabley will tweek demogrphics after the next batch arrives in a couple weeks.

Stats are so general. I added a lot to life policies back when I did mortgage protection. I told clients to look at their family history, if they have it add it, if they don't skip it. My family history is so full of cancer it's more like when then if. That's why I smoke light cigarettes.

JK...don't smoke. lol

Numbers don't lie, but statistics do. :twitchy:

That's why I am going to start selling Funeral plans. 1 out of 1 are gonna die.

Back