UHC Certification - Sell AARP

Hey Al,

I got you beat! I received a total of 18 boxes (some at office, some at home). Just wanted you to know how much more important I am to them than you are. I guess that would be if you measured it by the number of boxes delivered.

I think they are a complete joke. That's why I said what I said, I've already crossed over to the dark side and they can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Love this board!

Re: UHC Certification/Clueless

Hey Al,

I got you beat! I received a total of 18 boxes (some at office, some at home). Just wanted you to know how much more important I am to them than you are. I guess that would be if you measured it by the number of boxes delivered.

I think they are a complete joke. That's why I said what I said, I've already crossed over to the dark side and they can stick it where the sun don't shine.

Love this board!

If you have ever called their DSU/ agent support line it is beyond belief what they dont know. Totally clueless and confused about any normal question and when they do give a clear answer, it is wrong. You might as well call down to you local Dunkin Donuts and ask to speak to someone there. Clueless.

Winter

No kidding. I should have known there would be problems when I was going out on an appointment, didn't have ANY sales materials, offered to drop by, parked next to a car (SUV) fully loaded in the back with sales materials boxes, and the DSU said sorry, they're out of supplies. Guess parked in the lot makes better sense than making supplies available for agents with appointments.

LOSERS!!!

QUOTE=Mr. Bill;46282]Hey Al,

I got you beat! I received a total of 18 boxes (some at office, some at home). Just wanted you to know how much more important I am to them than you are.

More important, my a$$!! Did YOU get the free signature pad for the laptop you don't have? I did. So I win!

What are they going to do to us when they find we've crossed over and are writing the competition when we said we wouldn't? My fear is that an eighteen-wheeler will drive to my house and dump 5,000 cartons of materials in my driveway.

Al3

Yeah, I have the device, really I didn't want to hook it up to my laptop because with as much stuff as they f**d already who knows what kind of computer problems they would cause!

When I went through training (and the "mandatory meetings" thereafter), I met a bunch of nice people, and every single one of them effectively dropped out of the program. One person has written 1 case (a week ago). I felt like they were using me to scrub their leads. Other than age-ins, they had nothing except people who had requested info a year or so ago, and many were on the DNC list. I had to look at it from a time standpoint. The system was so freaking slow it would take me 5 minutes just to review the "lead" and close them out if they were on DNC. It just took too much time. I figured that the "leads" they gave us were so bad that they didn't want their internals to handle them. They had promised we would participate in enrolling people in group meetings. For my super major metropolitan area, they didn't have them (or had very few). We were not invited. We were told we couldn't schedule a seminar (let's just use the example of a trailer park) without their consent, as they didn't want us to step on their own people's toes. Then they wouldn't call back, wouldn't respond to emails, whatever, it was just a total freaking waste of time.

Someone said to me the reason why they implemented this program was to take producers "out of the market" by giving us this stupid "captive" model. That is the only thing that makes sense to me. They have no apparent interest in actually marketing, or obtaining new business, they only have interest in deforestation, from what I can figure.

If I were my upline's management, I would be calling people like me to find out WHY I'm refusing to write business, but no calls are made because they're probably too stupid or have no idea what they're doing (same dif, I guess).

I went to a BS producer meeting (unrelated to product) and guess what? There were other folks I had met through UHC and we all had the same experience. I got more boxes, though!

I passed up the ICA opportunity, and from the posts above, I am glad I did. I only see one producer that seems to have made out OK on this board.

The ICAs should note from us indys that we didn't fare any better what with the delayed paperwork processing and all. This startup operation had really big glitches. Hopefully we are past the rough waters and can expect smoother sailing ahead. Don't give up the ship!

I'm also not happy with how I was "treated" by UHC.

I signed their paperwork to get contracted as a direct writer (not through an FMO). The 'deal' that was promised me (and all other agents who went to the recruiting meeting) was that if I agreed to be semi-captive... to only write their MAPD (and maybe sups? I forget) that they would support me with leads from their mailings.

Sounded like a fair deal. Well I got an agent number in Oct. but never got even one lead from them this fall. As I see it they broke the agreement.

I went ahead and wrote an MAPD awhile ago for a different carrier. I wonder if I'll get sued by UHC for breach of contract if they find out (ask me if I care! After you turn 60 this kind of crap does not bother you anymore for some reason... perhaps because you feel that 60 is close to dead!)

You talk about disorganized? They sent me 10 (yes ten) huge cartons of printed materials for two counties.... none of which I ordered. They also sent me a signature pad... but I don't have a laptop!

Let me ask this? How do I go about getting un-appointed with a carrier? Is it just a simple letter? I don't want to be semi-captive with them any longer.... not that I feel like I am now... but I want to keep things legal.

Al3

Shalom.....

If you don't want the pad I'll take it :)

How long have insurance companies had this ICA route?

I've contacted quite a few companies in the past few weeks and 95% of them said that I can only sign up as ICA or IMO... Oh really?????

When a company tells me that they'll give me free leads that they buy from a discount insurance website after 10 agents have talked to them AND I can only write THEIR COMPANY, the question remains, "What's in it for me?" Well, you get free leads and an exclusive territory!" I'll pass, just give me a GA contract and don't worry about the leads......

Back