UHC Certification - Sell AARP

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Just participated in the webcast. The usual crap about being recertified, etc. but apparently we will be able to sell AARP products including Med Supps, Health Insurance and PDP. They will give us more information in Sept.

The only reason I'm happy about selling the "evil empire" is that they are guaranteed issue for their supplements.

Rick

yeah...i just read my email. They have something up their sleeves alright....by going to the independent agent their distribution will become a TSUNAMI wave in the industry.Did you hear that...?//

TSUNAMI TSUNAMI TSUNAMI

I called UHC direct and they are sending me the paperwork....this could be very interesting...sorta like the Duke's trying to corner the Orange Juice concentrate market??????????? Where's Beaks at???????:D

I called UHC direct and they are sending me the paperwork....this could be very interesting...sorta like the Duke's trying to corner the Orange Juice concentrate market??????????? Where's Beaks at???????:D
Damn. I hope someone else besides me understood your post.

By the way, certification for AARP won't happen until mid-Sept. I don't know if any of the FMOs (who know very little about anything) can help you yet.

Rick

It will be interesting to see what commission they will pay to agents. I think many companies will be paying $400/app on MA, (heard this in 2 diff places) and includes HMO plans.

United Healthcare is a big gun....they have med supps branded under Pacificare/Secure Horizons sold thru indy agents. Comm is low 20's%.

If they use AARP affiliation/group with semi guarantee issue, they will offer a much lower commis...I suspect.

OK...I'll put my hat in the ring....I bet that AARP/UHC will pay 12-13% to indy agents for a med supp. And $250-300 for MA.

I've heard these plans will only be available in certain locations...not all.

Anybody know anything else?

Back