UHC Certification - Sell AARP

Does the UHC agent contract require greater E&O coverage if the product is AARP-branded....$1mil occurrence$3mil ann aggregate E&O if AARP branded versus $1mil$1mil if non-AARP?

They originally had that stipulation, but they dropped it for this year... $1M is all you need...or at least that is what they told me.

Al

They originally had that stipulation, but they dropped it for this year... $1M is all you need...or at least that is what they told me.

Al

It's no surprise that they told me in mid November that I needed 1 mil/3 mil

They also apparently lost my app so I had to resend the info a week ago. Secure Horizons does not impress me so far. Seven weeks and still waiting.

I signed up with them in September. Just yesterday got a copy of my signed agreement in the mail. I stopped writing business when they told me they wanted a daily report on # of phone calls, appointments set, appointments and closed business. Guess they don't understand the meaning of independent. Homey don't play that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we all have the same story about contracting, i.e. "We lost your application, please refile...." I submitted my first ap back in early October. Finally got writing number just after Christmas. The excuse is that they were overwhelmed with agent applications. I don't know about the rest of you, but missing the AEP is a MAJOR blunder. Perhaps they got SOME agents certified before AEP, otherwise they lost a lot of money. I guess they can absorb the loss due to their size, but that is not nice for us little guys.

I am now certified with all products but 50-64 Indemnity plans. Those won't be ready for another month, I am told. Tic-toc, tic-toc.....

Got local training on Evercare SNP last week... highly recommended if you are into this product. Goes beyond online training/certification. A MUST for anyone licensed in MO.

Note on other posts:
I only have $1M/$1M E&O and have never been asked for more.
I am not ICA, but Independent thru FMO. Never have been asked for sales reports, and never given a quota.

I signed up with them in September. Just yesterday got a copy of my signed agreement in the mail. I stopped writing business when they told me they wanted a daily report on # of phone calls, appointments set, appointments and closed business. Guess they don't understand the meaning of independent. Homey don't play that!

YouTube - homey the clown

Classic. I got a kick out of the background guy played by Jim Carrey and The Juice Man.....It's a damn shame that the Wayan Brothers did not get to complete Scary Movie 3...

In a word; BUREAUCRATIC

These people aren’t bad people. They just don’t know which end is up. Parts are parts.

I too started contracting in October 2007. It took me 54 hours to complete the certification classroom and 13 modules of testing. Ya, I’m slow!

Of the 10 apps taken in the AEP, I sold a PDP and my client got anxious and called AARP. The AARP rep then misinformed my client that he failed to sign the app and then took my piece of business. Funny how some home offices know how to work with their agents.

I have no quota or forms to complete. No E&O max. I’m still waiting for my promised contract copy. I’m still waiting for the much anticipated AARP MedSupp. Their MA plans are in need of a competitive upgrade. Evercare needs a stronger network. I’ve personally met last fall with two hospital administrators and know of several providers who are not raving fans of their claims processing time.

Yeah, I ordered the Med Sups for both KS and MO, and see that they are listed as "backordered". Most everything else (except the Indemnity plans) are available now.

On a positive note, the approved advertising material just can't be beat! The rest of the MAOs need to take notice. When I do my seminars, you can bet I will be advertising AARP and not the ones with no approved ads!

I agree with the sparse Evercare presence, but something is better than nothing. We are onboard at the startup!

I'm also not happy with how I was "treated" by UHC.

I signed their paperwork to get contracted as a direct writer (not through an FMO). The 'deal' that was promised me (and all other agents who went to the recruiting meeting) was that if I agreed to be semi-captive... to only write their MAPD (and maybe sups? I forget) that they would support me with leads from their mailings.

Sounded like a fair deal. Well I got an agent number in Oct. but never got even one lead from them this fall. As I see it they broke the agreement.

I went ahead and wrote an MAPD awhile ago for a different carrier. I wonder if I'll get sued by UHC for breach of contract if they find out (ask me if I care! After you turn 60 this kind of crap does not bother you anymore for some reason... perhaps because you feel that 60 is close to dead!)

You talk about disorganized? They sent me 10 (yes ten) huge cartons of printed materials for two counties.... none of which I ordered. They also sent me a signature pad... but I don't have a laptop!

Let me ask this? How do I go about getting un-appointed with a carrier? Is it just a simple letter? I don't want to be semi-captive with them any longer.... not that I feel like I am now... but I want to keep things legal.

Al3

I'm also not happy with how I was "treated" by UHC.

I signed their paperwork to get contracted as a direct writer (not through an FMO). The 'deal' that was promised me (and all other agents who went to the recruiting meeting) was that if I agreed to be semi-captive... to only write their MAPD (and maybe sups? I forget) that they would support me with leads from their mailings.

Sounded like a fair deal. Well I got an agent number in Oct. but never got even one lead from them this fall. As I see it they broke the agreement.

I went ahead and wrote an MAPD awhile ago for a different carrier. I wonder if I'll get sued by UHC for breach of contract if they find out (ask me if I care! After you turn 60 this kind of crap does not bother you anymore for some reason... perhaps because you feel that 60 is close to dead!)

You talk about disorganized? They sent me 10 (yes ten) huge cartons of printed materials for two counties.... none of which I ordered. They also sent me a signature pad... but I don't have a laptop!

Let me ask this? How do I go about getting un-appointed with a carrier? Is it just a simple letter? I don't want to be semi-captive with them any longer.... not that I feel like I am now... but I want to keep things legal.

Al3

Wow! Same story over and over.

I went to their first recruiting meetings back in October. The rrom was set up, the prospective agents wre there waiting, the handout materials were there...the recruiter never showed up.

When I called to see if they were reschedualing, they didn't know anything about him not showing up but I could go to the next one which would be a 5-hour drive away. No thanks!

I encouraged my wife to sign up as a semi-captive because she just recently passed her life and health licensing test. I thought the AARP leads would be an easy way for her to get her feet wet. She is a CPA and deals with a lot of people and could network from there.

The whole thing was a disorganized mess. Meetings schedualed that never happened. Lots of testing. Boxes and boxes of forms mailed to her. Never the first lead.

So far we are very unimpressed.

On a positive note, the approved advertising material just can't be beat! The rest of the MAOs need to take notice. When I do my seminars, you can bet I will be advertising AARP and not the ones with no approved ads!

I agree. This is were a lot of MAO's drop the ball. They don't get it!

Have you used any of UHC / AARP's advertisings materials? Is there one that in your opinion looks like a winner?

That's the power of this site.

Thanks – Your post has inspired me to go back to revisit UHC / AARP's advertising materials!

Back