United of Omaha Underwriting

You have many years of experience and may even be the insurance commisioner of Ca. In your opinion, why is MOO paying more to have people switched to plan N, when they are taking a greater risk by making plan N GI(insuring once uninsurables)?

I don't know why it's GI. I've questioned the same thing.

BTW, the difference between my lower priced company plan F rates and MOO plan N rates really is no more than than a net of $150 a year. For that price, I still sell Plan F. I have yet to use Plan N. If it was indeed $4-500, I'd be selling N. (CA allows for annual movement between companies on a GI basis so rate increases are not an issue.)

I don't think they are paying out few claims. I think the real expense in not for office visits but for other services which are still paid at 100% even with Plan N.

My best guess is that they expect to raise prices in the future so that the net difference between F and N is about $200 giving the company about the same profit.

As far as insurance commissioner, not even in my dreams.

Rick

On Plan N with Mutual...The last one I have written saved 285.00 month in premium and other 2 ...175.00 month in premium...all these clients have the ability to pay max co-pays The rest will go to Gerber for F. In my state my area{zip code} is higher than 2 counties away but I cover all. Every Insurance company that I have ever written with in 25 years does the same. Matter of fact I can drive drive 1 mile from one zip code to other and save 20% more for client. This business since standarized plans have been in existance has been about money saved...for client. By the way I listen to Frank if I have a doubt on anything even though I have been doing this a long time Regards..

I don't know why it's GI. I've questioned the same thing.

BTW, the difference between my lower priced company plan F rates and MOO plan N rates really is no more than than a net of $150 a year. For that price, I still sell Plan F. I have yet to use Plan N. If it was indeed $4-500, I'd be selling N. (CA allows for annual movement between companies on a GI basis so rate increases are not an issue.)

I don't think they are paying out few claims. I think the real expense in not for office visits but for other services which are still paid at 100% even with Plan N.

My best guess is that they expect to raise prices in the future so that the net difference between F and N is about $200 giving the company about the same profit.

As far as insurance commissioner, not even in my dreams.

Rick

Thanks, good points.. I appreciate it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Suggesting that agents write policies for other companies when MOO is the best investment for their premium dollar sounds like the agent is more concerned about their commission than doing what is best for their new client.

Yeah whatever.. If UOO is a superior company, I'm Superman.

I have 1 family with 8 different individuals insured, I tried to switch them all to MOO,or UOO in Virginia.

1. 1 Was called by an underwriter and asked if they had prior creditable coverage. The guy was in his open enrollment period. What a moron!!!

2. Another was turned down after an underwriter called him and said that they had checked with pharmacies and found that he had taken nitro. This man swears he has never taken nitro, and I just got him approved with another comany a year ago. We are still trying to get this worked out.

3. Another lady was turned down, due to high B.P, and she only takes 1 B.P medicine, and that's it, nothing else. I got her approved with another company last year. Don't forget, I am an EMT, and I checked this lady's B.P for her after the phone call, and it was perfectly normal. Still working on this one.

4. Lady this morning, I went to deliver her new policy, she is willing to pay UCT almost $45 more per month because of the calls her sister and brother in law have gotten from UOO. She told me to cancel her approved UOO policy, that she will stick with UCT because she felt she couldn't trust UOO.

5. 2 GI applications took over 40 days to issue.

If that's SUPERIOR, we have a different definition of the word, obviously. I also know that I rarely got turn downs on med supps until I started using UOO more, and they got in way over their head.

If you are trying to insinuate that I would switch somebody just for the commission, your are sadly mistaken, but you know that. You simply want another post on the forum about how good you are, and what you can do, to suck in new recruits and YIO buyers. Play this game on someone else, because you don't impress me in the slightest.

I simply tell new clients that it could take as long as six to eight weeks before they get their policy. Every single one of them has been good with that. An agent doesn't have to tell them that they will get their policy the "next day" in order to make the sale. At least the professional agents don't need to do that.

Again, your tale, I sit on mine. What fool would tell a client the "next day"?Again, trying to build yourself up to be "the expert" and the "professional"so you can garner recruits. Like you are the only expert in the world. Whatever....

It was obvious that the delays were going to happen especially with the new standardized Plan N being GI. It started in April. It will get better with time. But, to put them with an inferior carrier at a greater cost simply to get the policy issued more quickly is unconscionable in my opinion.

If it started in April, at what point did you tell your agents to start telling their clients it would be 6-8 weeks for an approval? My guess is you didn't until June or July,like everyone else, for the same reason listed above. Let's look back and find your first post on this topic, that should be interesting.

What is an inferior company? Don't you tell clients in your "good phone" that, "I'm sure ********takes great care of you and pays their claims on time, the carriers I represent do too, they HAVE TO, IT'S THE LAW"? Does this apply to ALL carriers, or does the law only apply to a certain few?

Don't you tell you clients, in your "good phone", the "only difference is the premium they charge"? "WOW, that's expensive, that must be getting tough to do on a fixed income." Switch to mine, and you will get the same great service, just pay less for it(paraphrased)

In the med supp field, what makes a carrier INFERIOR? All med supps are the same, right, and you freely admit that all carriers pay their claims on time.

So, please enlighten me on what an inferior carrier is, or is that simply a word that you have used to build yourself up.That whatever Frank sells is superior and what everybody else sells is inferior. Only Frank knows the right way. Again, tell that tale to those who will believe it.

Please don't start with me again. I am trying to live a peaceful existence and show respect to you guys that have more years in the business(heeding Rick's advice). I am not one of your recruits that is struggling to sell 1 or 2 policies a week, so run your game on somebody else. You tell everybody on here how good you are, I am proving how good I am, to my wife and kids, by bringing home a sizeable amount of bacon. That's all that matters right, what those who depend on you think. YEP!!!

Last edited:
Wow VA Dwayne, sorry to hear about your turndowns. I just had an app go through with 2 HBP Meds 1 cholestorol and 1 narcotic pain killer for osteo arthritis.

What gives?

Are you guys getting same response times from Assured life/Woodsmen since they share underwriting departments?

Some HBP cases will get turned down if the client says they've recently changed meds due to poor control.

Same goes with diabetic oral meds.

Thanks, good points.. I appreciate it.

If it started in April, at what point did you tell your agents to start telling their clients it would be 6-8 weeks for an approval? My guess is you didn't until June or July,like everyone else, for the same reason listed above. Let's look back and find your first post on this topic, that should be interesting.

What is an inferior company? Don't you tell clients in your "good phone" that, "I'm sure ********takes great care of you and pays their claims on time, the carriers I represent do too, they HAVE TO, IT'S THE LAW"? Does this apply to ALL carriers, or does the law only apply to a certain few?

Don't you tell you clients, in your "good phone", the "only difference is the premium they charge"? "WOW, that's expensive, that must be getting tough to do on a fixed income." Switch to mine, and you will get the same great service, just pay less for it(paraphrased)

In the med supp field, what makes a carrier INFERIOR? All med supps are the same, right, and you freely admit that all carriers pay their claims on time.

So, please enlighten me on what an inferior carrier is, or is that simply a word that you have used to build yourself up.That whatever Frank sells is superior and what everybody else sells is inferior. Only Frank knows the right way. Again, tell that tale to those who will believe it.

Please don't start with me again. I am trying to live a peaceful existence and show respect to you guys that have more years in the business(heeding Rick's advice). I am not one of your recruits that is struggling to sell 1 or 2 policies a week, so run your game on somebody else. You tell everybody on here how good you are, I am proving how good I am, to my wife and kids, by bringing home a sizeable amount of bacon. That's all that matters right, what those who depend on you think. YEP!!!

Put Frank and Rick on ignore; I did.

Wow VA Dwayne, sorry to hear about your turndowns. I just had an app go through with 2 HBP Meds 1 cholestorol and 1 narcotic pain killer for osteo arthritis.

What gives?

I don't know, I seriously think that it is NEW underwriters. My apps are clean but most of the clients are people that I switched from MOO to UTC a year ago because MOO had gotten really expensive in this area;now they're the least expensive. I KNOW THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT!!!! However, that doesn't excuse them for calling a GI applicant and asking them about creditable health coverage.

I just got my last appoval on the last application I had in underwriting with them, and I will never sell a MOO product again. I'm definitely not perfect, but they made me look like a fool to current clients, and they will never get the opportunity to do it again. I had a hell of a time with the guy who was GI, and they asked him about creditable coverage. He wanted to know why I told him that it didn't matter when I took the app., and insinuated my failure to include it on the app. was the reason his GI app took over 40 days to approve.

Mark my word, there is a reason that MOO made their plan N's GI, and are taking a huge risk by insuring previously uninsurables, and on this forum in about 1-2 years we will hear the moaning and groaning. My guess is that the rates will sky-rocket, and the uninsurables will be stuck paying whatever MOO wants them to. Just my opinion..

Last edited:
If it started in April, at what point did you tell your agents to start telling their clients it would be 6-8 weeks for an approval? Hell No! My guess is you didn't until June or July,like everyone else, :yes: for the same reason listed above. Let's look back and find your first post on this topic, that should be interesting.

Very interesting, especially the post that left out the PartB Deductible from the N plan explanation!
Even the so-called-experts, teachers, and snake oil salesmen make mistakes! :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back