United Security Assurance?

Evan

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey All,

Has anyone here ever worked with United Security Assurance? Supposedly they are good at placing hard cases which mine is (Rheumatoid Arthritis).

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Evan

Last edited:
Hey All,

Has anyone hear ever worked with United Security Assurance? Supposedly they are good at placing hard cases which mine is (Rheumatoid Arthritis).

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Evan

Leading long-term care insurers approve applicants with Rheumatoid Arthritis everyday.

Has this person already been declined by Genworth, Mutual of Omaha, Prudential, Hancock, and Transamerica?

All of those carriers you mentioned above said No. This particular carrier said maybe with a Class III Rating. I had just never heard of them before.

All of those carriers you mentioned above said No. This particular carrier said maybe with a Class III Rating. I had just never heard of them before.

Why did the others say "no"?

There's a reason I ask that question.

Most agents who try to prequalify someone for LTC insurance rarely ever talk to the insurance company. Most talk to their FMO or MGA or some other agent or some agent's 2nd cousin once removed who used to sell LTCi.

The variations in underwriting from one LTC insurer to another is HUGE (especially when it comes to chronic illnesses like R.A. which can have so many different methods of treatment.)

All 6 of those insurers underwrite R.A. in vastly different ways.

If all 6 of them said that she is not insurable, it is NOT because of the R.A., it's because of something else (e.g. she uses a quad cane or she's grossly overweight or she has severe osteoporosis with a hx of fractures.)

Last edited:
Never you are wrong. I will forward you the emails if you care too think you're somehow figured out the system.

Here is her info.

Diagnosis: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rx's :
Enbrel injections once a week
Folic Acid one a day
Nexium one a day
Voltaren one a day
Cymbalta one a day

Female: 5'2 130
February 12th, 1957

Never you are wrong. I will forward you the emails if you care too think you're somehow figured out the system.

Here is her info.

Diagnosis: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rx's :
Enbrel injections once a week
Folic Acid one a day
Nexium one a day
Voltaren one a day
Cymbalta one a day

Female: 5'2 130
February 12th, 1957

Since the only medication she's taking for R.A. is the Enbrel, I can't imagine her being declined by all 6 of the companies I listed.

There are some LTC insurers that will not approve someone who takes Enbrel. But 3 of the 6 I listed specifically state in their underwriting guides that Enbrel use can be approved (as long as it's working and the R.A. is stable).

I've PM'd you my email address. Please feel free to forward you the emails from the underwriters saying that she's uninsurable.

I emailed you over three of the denials. They were from

Mutual of Omaha
Transamerica
Prudential

I didn't even want to bother with Genworth or John Hancock.

I emailed you over three of the denials. They were from

Mutual of Omaha
Transamerica
Prudential

I didn't even want to bother with Genworth or John Hancock.

Someone who has R.A. and is taking the medications you've listed is most likely to be approved for LTC insurance as long as the R.A. is relatively stable.

However, if someone has R.A. and has a long history of joint surgery including: knee replacement, two hip replacements, multiple back surgeries and ankle surgery, there's no way that person can be approved for LTCi.

Last edited:
Evan,
As Scott says, there may be a number of reasons for a decline with any type of medical diagnosis. RA is a tricky one and raises a BIG red flag.

I have to assume that you did not submit an app with all 5 carriers. If you did, you most likely would have had specific reasons why they declined your prospect.

I'm guessing that you checked with the underwriting departments of each company.
Based on the info you listed:
("Enbrel injections once a week, Folic Acid one a day,
Nexium one a day, Voltaren one a day")
I'm surprised that not one of those carriers told you to submit an app and they would consider.

Enbrel injections could most likely be the culprit. Voltarin is a major anti-depressant and by itself should not be a problem. Nexium & Folic Acid is most likely a non-issue.

I know that Hancock will not insure anyone with RA if the arthritis is located in any weight-bearing joints. No one will insure if there were any joint replacements in the past or most likely in the future and other companies would not insure if the RA is progressive. Anyone who would consider, would want to see her arthritis stable.

But, a company would not know what joints are the problem, whether she had any joint replacements or whether her condition is stable or progessive unless they saw her medical records.

Based only on what you listed, unless you actually did submit 5 separate apps, I'm at a loss as to why not one carrier wouldn't even take a look.

Dr. Scott, do you concur?

Back