United Security Assurance?

Evan,
As Scott says, there may be a number of reasons for a decline with any type of medical diagnosis. RA is a tricky one and raises a BIG red flag.

I have to assume that you did not submit an app with all 5 carriers. If you did, you most likely would have had specific reasons why they declined your prospect.

I'm guessing that you checked with the underwriting departments of each company.
Based on the info you listed:
("Enbrel injections once a week, Folic Acid one a day,
Nexium one a day, Voltaren one a day")
I'm surprised that not one of those carriers told you to submit an app and they would consider.

Enbrel injections could most likely be the culprit. Voltarin is a major anti-depressant and by itself should not be a problem. Nexium & Folic Acid is most likely a non-issue.

I know that Hancock will not insure anyone with RA if the arthritis is located in any weight-bearing joints. No one will insure if there were any joint replacements in the past or most likely in the future and other companies would not insure if the RA is progressive. Anyone who would consider, would want to see her arthritis stable.

But, a company would not know what joints are the problem, whether she had any joint replacements or whether her condition is stable or progessive unless they saw her medical records.

Based only on what you listed, unless you actually did submit 5 separate apps, I'm at a loss as to why not one carrier wouldn't even take a look.

Dr. Scott, do you concur?

Who is Dr. Scott? I'm just a toddler playing on a computer in NJ.

The OP forgot to mention in his posts that she's had a hip replacement, a knee replacement, surgery on her ankle, surgery on her spine, surgery on her wrist, as well as finger surgeries.

tpoacinj

Last edited:
My original post was just asking if anyone has ever heard of this particular carrier.

Regarding this client See Below:

Followed by a Rheumatologist, every three months.

Diagnosed when I was 12, in 1969.

Had a left knee replacement, left ankle fusion, c1-c2 cervical fusion to the base of my skull, finger and wrist surgeries as well.

Claims she is perfectly healthy except for my RA.

Evan

Evan,
Unfortunately, this lady is uninsurable with every company on the planet.

If you would have shared this with NADM in the begining, he would have told you the same thing.

So, it really doesn't matter who United Security Assurance is. There's no way they would insure her after a review of medical records.

Evan,
Unfortunately, this lady is uninsurable with every company on the planet.

If you would have shared this with NADM in the begining, he would have told you the same thing.

So, it really doesn't matter who United Security Assurance is. There's no way they would insure her after a review of medical records.

Arthur,

They were the only ones who offered a possible Standard III Rating. While it is unlikely they will say yes it is better then nothing.

My original question was just people's experience with them not to ask everyone there underwriting opinion.

Evan

Arthur,

They were the only ones who offered a possible Standard III Rating. While it is unlikely they will say yes it is better then nothing.

My original question was just people's experience with them not to ask everyone there underwriting opinion.

Evan

If it smells like Penn Treaty, it might be another Penn Treaty. What else can we say? They do not offer plans here in Georgia, so I have never heard anything about them. Since they are such a small player, I would have my concerns.....but like you said, if they did actually offer, it could be better than nothing. Sounds like the lady is ready to go on claim any minute though.

Evan[/quote]

My opinion is that United Security Assurance is your best chance at earning some income on this case.

I wished there was a better way!

Last edited:
Back