Vimo Attacks From The Cell Flank!!

Are you telling me you'd pay $7 for a lead, get 10 and only have 3 answer? That's throwing $49 in the trash can isn't?

What's the value of a lead when you can't reach the prospect? Zero - so why pay for it. I'd demand a return for every single lead you can't reach.

Are you telling me you'd pay $7 for a lead, get 10 and only have 3 answer? That's throwing $49 in the trash can isn't?

Yes ,because the $49 is refunded....and the way I work a lead I talk to a little more than 3 out of 10.......

No they are not going to refund all the leads you can not reach.....but have had a few......but the odds are better on 10 leads at $7 to write a case than one to two live leads @ $20 to $30 with no info to find out they are idiots.....

Are you telling me you'd pay $7 for a lead, get 10 and only have 3 answer?

40 leads GROSS.

30% credits for uninsurable, and bogus leads, bad contact info etc.

28 remaining.

60% Will not answer the telephone or emails.

11 remaining.

2 of them will have someone in the family that has leprosy or bubonic plague or weighs around the same as a full grown elephant and is therefore uninsurable. Or they do not have a checking account/any money. I do not send these in for credit, in I try to write the remainder of the family. Not very successfully.

3 or 4 sales net. Occasionally I will write 5 or 6 but this is rare. (I think that there has to be a plague of locusts on the west side of the block for this to happen)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above is a copy of a post I put up in December. I used Vimo for the statistics.

Please do not think for a New York minute that this is an endorsement.

Pro:
•Extremely good credit policy.
•Ability to turn off leads when I choose.
•Reasonable prices.
•Reasonable volume.
•Do not have a link to E-Health insurance.
•Most importantly, sellable.

Con:
•Dumping of leads that are hours old (I think they have quit doing this)
•Quoting prices to clients. All of the quotes are preferred rates and are using the cheapest plans available. It definitely creates unrealistic expectations.
•Do not let you pick your zip codes. 50 mile radius only.
•They are based in California, this cannot possibly be good.

The 60% that will not answer the telephone are just a fact of life when using internet leads. I have never sent any back for credit as I always assume that I was too slow in calling them. However I do contact some of them a week or so down the line. Usually they have already applied with some other agent.
I do not use “Vimo Live”, therefore have no comments.

I forgot to add, if I ever get a lead that has been generated by text messaging to a cell phone, the **** will definitely hit the fan.

Con:
•Dumping of leads that are hours old (I think they have quit doing this)

Nope Michael, half the reason i got pissed this week over vimo was because they dumped about 15 leads at once..... i just feel that is so chicken dung.... and when i found out i had all those text mesg leads i blew a head gasket... had the leads came in in some maner of spacing, i would have noticed a problem, stoped the leads and addressed it.

boys, we must hold the line on all lead companies, not just vimo. lead companies will do what the can do... until we the agents stand firm.

in the 7 years i was serving in politics in texas i learned that the only way to get action is to start bitching. once upon a time while serving in office we had a zoning case that came before us that included a hooters rest. not one person attended the public hearing so all the commissioners approved it, 9-0 vote. the case came back for 2nd reading and the halls of the chamber were packed to the gills... news crews were swarming it was front page news because the citizens who were opposed to it raised hell, i mean total hell, petitions, threating to "kick all the bums out of office" guess what, we voted to deny the case.

the point i am making is this, as long as we take the garbage we are dished out without fighting back like giving bad reports online for the world to see we will contuine to be pushed around. its time to stand up and bitch. th old saying is this... the wheel that makes the most noise get the oil...

also, back last year during th war in lebanon and isreal my wife was traped in te war zone on vaciation. no one was helping to get her out. i started a meida campaign by contacting the papers in euroup. she is sweedish so i started hammering the press in the sweedish area, the BBC and any one who would listen. because of all the preasure the sweedish forigen minister( our sec. of State) contacted me and said, please back off we will go get your girl.... and guess what, she was a boat out of there. isreal moved their war ships and my wife came home priority one on the first boat out along with other sweeds.

the point is, we must apply the preasure... remember the post from the VP and vimo to me.... told me to leave, cancel th service. he only wants to cut off the head of the trouble maker. then he thinks he dosent have to listen to me any longer, if im gone then they dont have to answer to these charges or any other i might bring.... well, i would contuine to find was to bitch about the lead industry regardless if im using vimo or not. the only way to shut me up is to KILL me. lawsuits dont work against me, hell, i served in politics, we were always threatened with lawsuits and i surrounded myself with the best attys. so the only way to shut me up is death. we as agents must stand firm.. if not we will pay the price down the line

The nightmare lead companies face is it's impossible for them to live up the agent's standards of "good leads."

If I dive onto Google and submit a lead because I want to find out what coverage would be for my 18 year old daughter who doesn't even have a checking account there's no way to screen that out.

There's no way to screen it out if the applicant chooses not to be honest about their conditions and it's certainly impossible to ascertain level of interest.

Running a PPC campaign is "come one come all" and lead companies have to sort though the mass of crap to find leads where agents don't go nuts.

Anyone here running a PPC campaign? Why not? How would it be that lead companies can profit off PPC when at best they can only get $40 or $50 returned and we can't make it work for a $700 return?

Back