Vistaprint Website Builder Sucks! IMO

You won't believe it, but kumquatcarinsurance.com is doing pretty good this week. An agency would need a very different approach, but it does generate business.

Are you a indenpent agent thats nice. What state you in?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Me being captive agent I wonder how can I make mine site.

Last edited:
Zbest...It can be done and there are plenty of people that will help you. But I hope your content doesn't resemble the way you post. You'll be laughed out of the business.

Don't take that the wrong way. Like I always tell a buddy of mine...I don't want to hear what I am doing right. I want to hear what I am doing wrong.

I know this is an older post but I found it in search engines when searching "vistaprint websites" so I'm sure other people are still reading it too. I thought I'd add my 2 cents on Vistaprint since it has changed a bit since the last post and other people are probably also reading this post in search engines.

Vistaprint bought Webs.com in 2012 or 2013 and I believe their technology has improved as a result. I can't speak to their customer service which is a complaint of many people, but the website builder is much improved. You can watch a video walk-through I did to see how the website builders works.

Here's the link: Vistaprint Website Builder - Is it Any Good?

Anyone else using Vistaprint for their website since the last post? It seems like most people on this forum have moved on to more sophisticated means of building a website.

I've used webs/vistaprint since 2010. I like it because it's easy to set up without having to be a web expert. Easy to set up a blog and other pages. But I still use the the old version of the site builder which is different from the site builder the OP is referring to.

how do they stack up against other site builders? I wouldn't know. I've never used anyone else besides webs. They have their pros and cons, but overall, not bad. I will say though that I agree about their customer service being lousy. And I'm sure people who are more website savvy might be more critical than I am. I just like them because it's simple to use.

and as far as the new website builder, I tried it for about a half a day, didn't like it, and changed it back to the original site builder.

Last edited:
Yeah, Dan. Simplicity is the main benefit of website builders, but unfortunately some are not that simple to use. Much of it depends on a person's acumen for using a website builder in the first place.

I'm not familiar with the different iterations of the Vistaprint website builder. I'm only familiar with the latest one in partnership with Webs.com. I do a lot of reviews on website builders on my site and although Vistaprint is a good website builder, I don't think it holds enough value over some of the other options out there so I rarely recommend it to people who ask.

They were smart to make improvements though. I think it's good enough to lessen the wave of customers that were probably retreating from their service.

From the ones I've reviewed so far, my favorites are Weebly, Yola, and Squarespace.

Last edited:
Yeah, Dan. Simplicity is the main benefit of website builders,...From the ones I've reviewed so far, my favorites are Weebly, Yola, and Squarespace.

Thanks for the tip about Weebly. I'm a 47-year old novice with computers but after 2 days using Weebly I was able to throw together a little site that should do the trick for now.

Weebly made it easy and simple for me.

Sincerely,
Richard
MediGap4Less.com

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Back