Website for Lead Generation

what percentage of leads can I expect to be fake?

For starters, I am surprised you got leads from a website on day one. How did you manage that?

Round numbers, 40%,

Don't answer phone or respond to voicemail, another 30 - 40%.

Of the remaining 20 - 30% you can distill it down to 10 - 15% (of the original total) as viable, potential clients.

These numbers are based on my results over the last 4+ years of targeting Medigap only in one state. I can only write T65 and those over 65 that are insurable or coming off group with an SEP. No birthday rules here.

FWIW these numbers are similar to what I found in 10 years of targeting U65 health insurance pre-Obamacare.

For starters, I am surprised you got leads from a website on day one. How did you manage that?

Round numbers, 40%,

Don't answer phone or respond to voicemail, another 30 - 40%.

Of the remaining 20 - 30% you can distill it down to 10 - 15% (of the original total) as viable, potential clients.

These numbers are based on my results over the last 4+ years of targeting Medigap only in one state. I can only write T65 and those over 65 that are insurable or coming off group with an SEP. No birthday rules here.

FWIW these numbers are similar to what I found in 10 years of targeting U65 health insurance pre-Obamacare.

I didnt get the leads on day one, but it was within the first week. 3 leads in total. all fake. not sure how I managed it. Only advertising I did was on facebook so far, I more or less did what you told me to do in a previous post.

those numbers are a little disappointing (I guess I had high hopes lol), but stil sounds like it will be a cheaper form of advertising than DM.

Thanks for your insight

FB advertising takes time to develop but if done right can be very profitable. At least it has been for me.

Any kind of lead gen, especially internet, gives you a bunch of tire kickers.

Compared to DM where you might get 3% response if you are lucky I consider 10% (viable prospects) a fantastic ROI and can happen much quicker than DM.

I can run a boosted post on FB and get leads in days, not weeks. If during AEP it can be hours and more leads than I can handle. My best day last AEP was something like 30 leads. Several days had 10 - 15.

Keep in mind this is a mature site with lots of content and over 470 likes. I get close to 1,000 people a week that are exposed to my FB page and clicking posts without promotion. Most are regulars but get some new people too.

It's a numbers game.

Are you offering quotes right after they fill out a form like some of the health quoters around here? If so you might have someone just using your site for the quoting aspect..

no, I have it set up where they have to fill out a form for information. which in turn sends me an email, and then I would call, or email them

The request form can work but access to instant quotes is preferable for most people.

If you are just using a request form you should get a higher quality person and fewer tire kickers.

The operative word there is should.

Also depends on your CTA

The request form can work but access to instant quotes is preferable for most people.

most people that go to a insurance website are looking for rates....the rest just looking for info and not buyers.....buyers are looking for rates.....and want the rates now....not someone to get back with them.....so I am a firm believer in a quote engine that sends you a email when they run rates......

Term life buyers want rates and little to no human interaction.

Medicare buyers are different. They say they want rates, and some do, but many of them have already made up their mind and are checking rates against what they have found already.

My Medicare clients, especially T65, want information first, rates second.

Still, I provide a quote engine that gives rates and also sends them (and me) an email.

Don't use Vistaprint to build your website if you want to continue long term. Use Wordpress.

Provide some sort of value on your site for people to put their info in. Why?

#1) Would YOU put your personal info including phone number into a site for no good reason?

#2) It builds credibility. You promise quotes, they put their info in, they get quotes. You call them and say "Hey...how'd ya like those quotes?"

Of course none of this matters unless you have a way of getting found online. FB is a great way right now to do this, but it takes putting in a ton of effort to increase your knowledge and skills to make it work.

Hmm....kind of like being successful in anything. Putting in a ton of effort to increase your knowledge and skills in an area. Could it really be that easy? :nah:

Back