Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

If a health plan like Wellcare can get away with eliminating your part d renewals, then what is to stop them or other carriers from eliminating your MAPD renewals next.

We need to have a strong response from the entire FMO / agent community that this business decision to cut our renewals is wrong, unacceptable and will not be tolerated.

MAPD is profitable and PDP this coming year is not. Big difference

Sent a text message to the CEO of my FMO - asking the FMO to sue WellCare. Told him that I lost $24,800 yesterday, which is a big hit to a small business owner.

We'll see if the FMOs use their same litigious power that they used to save their overrides. I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see.
You put 500 people on there???

Does anyone not finding it interesting that WellCare knew about the Inflation Reduction Act back in 2022 when it was passed; All other part D drug plan companies raised their part D premiums substantially in 2024 but Wellcare dropped their Value Script premium to at or near $0 all across the US. They received millions of new members with this seemingly counterintuitive move at the time. It’s also interesting that CMS rules (which WellCare is quite aware of) allow WellCare to market their MAPD plans directly to their members, including all of the new Value Script members that we as agents put them on, especially in 2024. Now, suddenly, citing the IRA, they decide to terminate the agent’s contract without cause and strip the agent from all pdp renewal commissions right before 2025 AEP. But they keep all of their new members to market to directly for MAPD. Coincidence? Maybe. Or, some may see this as a preplanned marketing strategy. I have no idea. Just seems to explain why the odd drop in their Value Script premium in 2024. I was always curious why they did that. Seemed like it came out of left field. In hindsight, maybe not.

Does anyone not finding it interesting that WellCare knew about the Inflation Reduction Act back in 2022 when it was passed; All other part D drug plan companies raised their part D premiums substantially in 2024 but Wellcare dropped their Value Script premium to at or near $0 all across the US. They received millions of new members with this seemingly counterintuitive move at the time. It’s also interesting that CMS rules (which WellCare is quite aware of) allow WellCare to market their MAPD plans directly to their members, including all of the new Value Script members that we as agents put them on, especially in 2024. Now, suddenly, citing the IRA, they decide to terminate the agent’s contract without cause and strip the agent from all pdp renewal commissions right before 2025 AEP. But they keep all of their new members to market to directly for MAPD. Coincidence? Maybe. Or, some may see this as a preplanned marketing strategy. I have no idea. Just seems to explain why the odd drop in their Value Script premium in 2024. I was always curious why they did that. Seemed like it came out of left field. In hindsight, maybe not.
You are 100% right, then they blame cms, I'm being told they file their 2025 pdp plans to not pay commissions, now they are hiding behind cms. And on top of that in mid August the government saw what was coming and gave pdp providers 15 dollars per month per enrollment and gave companies a chance to adjust their premiums , some did. My guess is wellcare did not need to because they still will offer that zero premium plan, so they are going to get billions of extra money and say screw the agent,

450 active PDPs. I was using the $55 renewal rate for 2025.

And one, and only one, MA. Already made a note to call that guy...

Download your book if you haven't yet.
Download earlier to today, I see I'm no longer current on training

450 active PDPs. I was using the $55 renewal rate for 2025.

And one, and only one, MA. Already made a note to call that guy...

Download your book if you haven't yet.
I am not a fan of anything owned by Centene. WellCare. Ambetter. Whatever. They’ve got more names.

I recommended against the plan in 2024, with an assumption of a massive implementation problem (didn’t happen), horrific service issues (25% termed on 4/1 that were on SSA payments), a merger/sale or SOMETHING.

Well. Here’s the SOMETHING. Gain the market share, help the shareholders screw the agents who sold it.

What we still don’t know is the 2025 premium. That will determine exactly how bad we got screwed.

I am not a fan of anything owned by Centene. WellCare. Ambetter. Whatever. They’ve got more names.

I recommended against the plan in 2024, with an assumption of a massive implementation problem (didn’t happen), horrific service issues (25% termed on 4/1 that were on SSA payments), a merger/sale or SOMETHING.

Well. Here’s the SOMETHING. Gain the market share, help the shareholders screw the agents who sold it.

What we still don’t know is the 2025 premium. That will determine exactly how bad we got screwed.
Depends were your at . Ambetter kicks ass the places I sell . In 6 yrs never a complaint . There’s got to be a reason there’s the biggest aca carrier by far

Back