Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

Oh I think there’s lots of reasons.
Like I said . I’ve personally had and I sold to a lot of my friends and everyone’s been happy . Just like blue cross/anthem sucks were in at in Medicare and other places people love it .

Does anyone not finding it interesting that WellCare knew about the Inflation Reduction Act back in 2022 when it was passed; All other part D drug plan companies raised their part D premiums substantially in 2024 but Wellcare dropped their Value Script premium to at or near $0 all across the US. They received millions of new members with this seemingly counterintuitive move at the time. It’s also interesting that CMS rules (which WellCare is quite aware of) allow WellCare to market their MAPD plans directly to their members, including all of the new Value Script members that we as agents put them on, especially in 2024. Now, suddenly, citing the IRA, they decide to terminate the agent’s contract without cause and strip the agent from all pdp renewal commissions right before 2025 AEP. But they keep all of their new members to market to directly for MAPD. Coincidence? Maybe. Or, some may see this as a preplanned marketing strategy. I have no idea. Just seems to explain why the odd drop in their Value Script premium in 2024. I was always curious why they did that. Seemed like it came out of left field. In hindsight, maybe not.

I'd be willing to bet money this conversation (or similar) was discussed in c-suite discussions. And they're planning on people staying on their PDP and agents not moving them.

No, they don’t.

Yeah but it makes feel better.

I told my Aetna rep to find a new job, since Aetna clearly hates brokers and wants everyone direct. (This was after the Smart RX stunt).
Of course they want to cut-out the brokers and agents. Then, they want to cut-out the insurance companies. It's Kamala's dream come true, one government plan for all.

Yep I got it too. And the one from aetna. But aetna said they “have our back” so that’s good. I mean, they are not actually there to help us, but at least they will say they do.
Aetna corrected the letter. The new letter no longer says "have our back". It now says "stabbed in the back".

I’m not signing it. Nothing left as of 1-1-25 to sign it for. I’m not writing their shitty HMO plans. Bye WellCare. Ready to sue them. All agents should.
No one is going to pay an attorney tens of thousands of dollars to maybe save their PDP commissions after a multi-year court battle? Let's get real here, it's going going gone....

Back