Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

She's a poster on here. Unless Wellcare Value Script is $25 a month or more I'm not messing with switching them for a $12 commission with Cigna. I'll use my time elsewhere.
I've never contracted with Cigna. What do they pay on PDP's?

12 is better than zero, I'll do them on the weekend via text and email

Wasn’t it just a couple years ago, that Cigna PDP was non commissionable? I wonder if everyone is going to forgive them.

$12 bucks, after taxes, that’s like $8 or $9 lolll

No one’s mad about none commissionable plans. It’s taking away the renewals.

Yeah, that's right. It is pretty dissappointing.

It is sort of interesting that a lawsuit was able to stop CMS in its tracks (delay them), but here we are, feeling helpless in this situation.

I guess if wellcare were to go out of business, then the execs would lose their renewals too, ha, but now im just being goofy!

WellCare does pretty well in the MAPD side of the biz. Especially in Fl.

What I don’t understand is, if they don’t want the PDP biz, why don’t they just pull their pdp plans off the market?

Someone once tried to say that if an Insurance company wants to sell MAPD you have to offer a pdp.
That can’t be true. Devoted only offers MAPD. Simply, and freedom as well. And that’s just here in Fl.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's right. It is pretty dissappointing.

It is sort of interesting that a lawsuit was able to stop CMS in its tracks (delay them), but here we are, feeling helpless in this situation.

I guess if wellcare were to go out of business, then the execs would lose their renewals too, ha, but now im just being goofy!
Could be worse Bro.

You could be explaining to your kids and grand kids why you're wearing an Apple Watch on your ankle.

What I don’t understand is, if they don’t want the PDP biz, why don’t they just pull their pdp plans off the market?

Someone once tried to say that if you want to sell MAPD you have to offer a pdp.
That can’t be true. Devoted only offers MAPD. Simply, and freedom as well. And that’s just here in Fl.

Yeah, they do have some decent mapd plans, just dont have the network and reputation in the markets im in.

This is certainly a PR disaster. They could have certainly found a friendlier way to announce this. Perhaps, even done something to make agents feel appreciated. But instead, they just send an email that says this sentence that tells agents to F off.

Could be worse Bro.

You could be explaining to your kids and grand kids why you're wearing an Apple Watch on your ankle.

An Irish Rolex?

Someone once tried to say that if an Insurance company wants to sell MAPD you have to offer a pdp.
If they pulled their plans, it would have been annoying, but it wouldn't have caused the backlash.

A few people argued that poor wellcare just couldn't do anything different. Those agent "leaders" are foolish and gaslighting. My only guess is they're trying to retain their WellCare MA books?

I do hope agents who have WellCare MA books help tank their plans. Unfortunately I only have 1 MA so I can't do too much - but I'll do what I can to move him if possible.

Back